Portraits (Units/Buildings/Technologies)

wowgetoffyourcellphone

• 2 weeks later...

The cloaca  maxima ( granary of age I in your mod) is still pettry obvius but I'm thinking the technique to make it, and composition.

https://wildfiregames.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2017_03/mining_pit.png.df7228b22c86d4fd6f5b290e854d99c4.png

this pettry easy only needs substitute my last with stone.

what is this?

https://wildfiregames.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2017_03/lookouts.png.8ee30633bd9a6c3ceb893b11bc20ddcc.png

dont worry only linotorax are a really a challenge.

the others needs only good drawing (by my hand) with a good pencil.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

30 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

That is for "Lookouts" on ships, cost food and increases ship vision range. Could also be used for a scouting tech. It's taken from the box art of AOE1.

"Cloaca Maxima" could maybe look like this:

foto-cloaga.jpg

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the icons here and in the capturable animals' thread. I think I'll pass on the deer, It is more like the animals we have, but i feel like the old one looked better somehow.

As for the fruit basket, it looks a bit too pixelated for my taste. Maybe we have a higher resolution version around. The one that could really use a lifting is the grapes one. Having a grapes image a bit cartoony would be great. The foxes, pigs, piglet could use new icons as well.

Committed as of r22287

I think the old deer icon sticks out like a sore thumb. The solution I think would be to make better deer models from which to make an icon. ;) Gotta prioritize though. lol

8 hours ago, Stan` said:

As for the fruit basket, it looks a bit too pixelated for my taste.

Granted, but you never see it at full resolution in-game, not even in the library viewer. 

8 hours ago, Stan` said:

Committed as of r22287

Sweet!

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

3 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Granted, but you never see it at full resolution in-game, not even in the library viewer. 

That's true. Do you think the icon is the best to convey the idea of gatherable trees bushes ?

3 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I think the old deer icon sticks out like a sore thumb. The solution I think would be to make better deer models from which to make an icon. ;) Gotta prioritize though. lol

I agree ! The best model I've seen so far is the one from Hyrule Conquest :D I actually wanted to import the current deer model in Blender to do some tweaks, but some of the anims are really messed up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stan` said:

That's true. Do you think the icon is the best to convey the idea of gatherable trees bushes ?

I dunno. I seem to like it.

3 hours ago, Stan` said:

I agree ! The best model I've seen so far is the one from Hyrule Conquest :D I actually wanted to import the current deer model in Blender to do some tweaks, but some of the anims are really messed up.

The Hyrule one is really good, but cartoony. Maybe you can reuse the animations and just adjust the model.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...