===[TASK]=== Improve hero portraits

Lion.Kanzen

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, here's the final version. Please let me know if you like it or have any feedback on how to improve :)
Also, how should I send the file? I mean, which format and size? Please let me know so I can send it correctly, instead of downloading it from this post.
I also lowered the saturation a bit in the interface preview.

Ingame preview

Spoiler

1502883606_FINALPREVIEW.thumb.jpg.967adff5a67f17f10dac88e0cc77efee.jpg

Full portrait

Spoiler

!Marcus_Claudius_FINAL_2.thumb.jpg.30d879ca1892c0f7662e85caf6c13d44.jpg

Edited by Victor Rossi
  • Like 7

Hey @Victor Rossi

Nice to see you back, and also nice work ! If you have it we will need the source file from the software, so either an xcf or a psd or something else if you're not using either photoshop or gimp, to have the highest quality version in case we need it, then the portrait has to be power of two. (eg 256 x 512px) Have a look at the other portraits and see what resolution they use :)

NOTE TO SELF: Write the those icons resolution values somewhere.

32 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Hey @Victor Rossi

Nice to see you back, and also nice work ! If you have it we will need the source file from the software, so either an xcf or a psd or something else if you're not using either photoshop or gimp, to have the highest quality version in case we need it, then the portrait has to be power of two. (eg 256 x 512px) Have a look at the other portraits and see what resolution they use :)

He was there in August... he receive my feedback.

3 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Hey @Victor Rossi

I'll send the psd then. For the image files (256, 512, etc) what format do you prefer? I usually save them in png since its compression is lossless.

Just now, Victor Rossi said:

Boudicca sounds fun. I usually look for references in osprey's books, but if you already have some gathered let me know (or if you want me to follow the 3d asset from the game).

I don't :) I guess it'll be better to start off historic research (Osprey might be fine) than to rely on the current model :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Victor Rossi said:

Boudicca sounds fun. I usually look for references in osprey's books, but if you already have some gathered let me know (or if you want me to follow the 3d asset from the game).

10 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

I don't :) I guess it'll be better to start off historic research (Osprey might be fine) than to rely on the current model :)

I think you could use Osprey/other historical references blended with the game model. I think it should look at least passingly like the game model.

43 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I think you could use Osprey/other historical references blended with the game model. I think it should look at least passingly like the game model.

That wouldn't be a problem. Is that the final model though? Because @Lion.Kanzen told me some of the roman heroes were just placeholders.
Also, that breastplate looks a little out of place (if my references are correct), but I could make the cloak cover all of the armor if necessary.

Game Model:
1122207319_gameasset.png.a7ad72e3efdd7cadd345a34fb0ceb2cc.png

References:

Scene.png

Edited by Victor Rossi
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Victor Rossi said:

That wouldn't be a problem. Is that the final model though? Because @Lion.Kanzen told me some of the roman heroes were just placeholders.
Also, that breastplate looks a little out of place (if my references are correct), but I could make the cloak cover all of the armor if necessary.

Game Model:
1122207319_gameasset.png.a7ad72e3efdd7cadd345a34fb0ceb2cc.png

References:

Scene.png

The Romans are kind placeholder specially the helmet. Boudica is mostly represent equal. a Celtic girl with an armor. in composition I prefer Bust shot.

Diadochi mostly have Alexander placeholder helmets.

3 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

The Romans are kind placeholder specially the helmet. Boudica is mostly represent equal. a Celtic girl with an armor. in composition I prefer Bust shot.

Diadochi mostly have Alexander placeholder helmets.

I'm looking everywhere but I can't find solid breastplates being used by Iceni or any other Celtic tribe from Britain in that time.  Perhaps a mail would be more appropriate.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2018 at 10:19 PM, Victor Rossi said:

I'm looking everywhere but I can't find solid breastplates being used by Iceni or any other Celtic tribe from Britain in that time.  Perhaps a mail would be more appropriate.

The breast plate is definitely more La Tene than Gallic Wars era, you're right.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

The breast plate is definitely more La Tene than Gallic Wars era, you're right.

I think this breast plate is based on the bronze cuirass of Marmesse which is dated from 9/8th century BC, Hallstatt then. I don't think there is any bronze cuirass during La Tène.

The only armor known during the British pre-Roman Iron Age is the chain mail armor (one finding in Kirkburn). Maybe the best option for Boudicca should be jewelry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1