===[COMMITTED]=== Swordsman attack animations

LordGood

Last I heard, Enrique was working on Hoplite animations. I think. 

Im more than happy to play with the sword line, and the other spearman of course. 

Just kidding, turns out I can't move gifs through my phone, what a pain. 

Ill keep this topic open in the meantime. I'll get them in asap 

I'd like to, but I'd also like to know where he's at so we don't accidentally repeat tasks. 

They need to work together too, from idle-ready and attack animations have to have the same start and end points, preferably at the ready stance. That means independently made animations can't really be used as interchangeable variations. 

• Like 1

A shield bash wouldn't look right unless its reciprocated, and may actually clip into another unit's attack animation making the whole thing look bad.

If I can find a crafty way of using the shield as a weapon, like that shield strike during that octavian training bit, ill give it a shot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LordGood said:

I personally hate aom's shield bash, it didn't look hard enough to kill, which it often did, makes no use of the spear, and opens the whole front of the Hoplite to attack. 

Not to say I won't give a shield bash a try

Oh, yeah the AOM shield bash was not realistic. A real shield bash would be more of a forward punch than a back hand @#$% slap.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LordGood said:

K guys, I have 4 attack animations, 3 deaths, idle ready, and idle turtle, just so you know. 

However, I am incapable of showing you, so just take my word for it; progress is being made. 

*One of those attacks involves a shield strike

Will these get added in the game soon? (I know the new meshes are not being used yet, but were they ever added in?)

• 3 weeks later...