Bear

balduin

The bear is the second largest predator. However, the bear is to easy to kill and if you kill him you will see that the dying animation is missing. In addition the bear does not have a "being dead" picture, which is confusing, since the bear is just staying around, but not moving.

Furthermore it would be really nice to see a standing bear when he fights with food soldier.

I would be happy to see a well animated bear in the game, maybe some of the artist are interested to create one :-)

• Like 1

I know, however it is something which really bugs me all the time I see it. So, I hope one artist has sympathy with my situation and fixes that animation.

The other problem is, that the bear is far too weak. A bear is more harmless and easier to kill than a boar. I think that can be easily fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2016 at 0:01 PM, fcxSanya said:

@Palaxin did some progress in this direction, see #3918 , #3778 and #3919

@fcxSanya Sorry for being inactive for so long... I recently started my first full-time job, which leaves me with less free time and energy for private projects in this free time (actually more the latter :unsure:) That said, I regularly track progress of 0 A.D. development, but I am not sure when and how much I will engage again. It certainly helps if I see that people are interested in my work ^_^

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Nothing changed. The bear still does not have a dying animation. It still looks strange, if the bear is killed it looks like if the bear just stops walking. It looks like if the bear is just standing around.

The cavalry has now really nice animations. The horses go up and the spear comes from the top while fighting. That looks really nice.

A nice bear animation similar to the horse one would be really nice. It would be awesome if the bear would could stand up and fight until his/her death. If the bear dies he/she should fall to the side or something.

Edited by balduin

Bears have no animations. Not just the death one. If anyone is interested in doing it, Stan posted a WIP blend-file IIRC, with a lot of work already done. All thats left is just moving the bones ;).

The blend file would be somewhere in the forums. All I know is that I definetly saw it somewhere here.

Edit: Apparently, someone did pick it up quite sometime ago.

Edited by Guest