3D Modeler

Ketu

Re: Decorations (I've read your blog at your website): that's no issue at all, small things like that make a building interesting to look at :) I think you can afford yourselves to decorate the walls of the main building a bit more. for example a few bricks aroud the corners like in (from memory) some seleucid buildings  

Nice construction concept! :D 

• Like 1

I agree with Stan and Lion, that the main building itself needs more features and details to make it as engaging as the decorum around it. Windows and doors are pretty big features to be missing.

The akroterion and pediment symbols are very nice, though with such rich details there, it makes other areas of your model fall a bit flat. I'm sure there's a better texture for that awning in those texture files I posted earlier. You may need to split the geometry and tile them to keep those textures from stretching, but we can afford it poly-wise. If you would like to keep detailing, I'd say a good polygon estimate should be around 10,000 triangles overall.

Another very big thing that I forgot to mention: building geometry MUST extend below ground level for adaptability to uneven terrain. Many of our contributors have done this craftily, using hidden subterranean staircases that become exposed when the model is built on uneven terrain, and other similar tricks you can see if you look in the Atlas Scenario editor yourself.

And I see you saw the construction thread! Very well done, I think if you extend it below the ground plane a good amount, this model will be near perfect.

One more thing, you need to read and 'sign' this waiver if we're going to be allowed to use this and future contributions of yours.

Edited by LordGood
Forgot to write 'awning' lol
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

How many seperated objects can be used for one game model? I use now only ingame textures, but i need more than 3 textures they i like. So i split model currently to 4 parts and i use some hellenistic textures from the game. They are still in dds format but it is not problem. I need just one new texture for lion head and cloth maybe 256x256, nothing so big.

I remowed tiles and used more dirty textures from hellens structure. Collumn see i only on one texture hele_struct_2 and other parts are very clean for workshop, thats it why i need so many parts with different textures. I quest there is not problem for Ram or long loading  so can i split to 4 parts or how to figure it out?

You can use as many separated objects for the same structure as you need. It's just a bit different than using one texture per building, but in the end it let us save texture memory. You can also use PNG textures, don't have to worry converting to DDS. There are some textures that may have enough space to be modified if you think they can benefit from your additions. For example, I think there's some helle_decor texture that may have some room so you don't have to create a new small texture (or create small textures for different stuff if they can be used for smaller props on their own)