3D Modeler

Ketu

I'm new on the forums, but i have time for work on modeling or animating. I can create all staff, but i need support for some issues like polycount, units etc. so what can i modeling? Sorry for my bad englisch, i speak only german because i am living there a long time and i learn this language many years my first language is slovak what cant me help and this is my first text that i wrote in english :-D. Yes i can search all information on wikipage, but i read she and i still dont understand how to create for examle alpha channel.

Here is my portfolio:

www.dragonheaven.de

• Like 4

Welcome, Ketu!

Our art lead Enrique might be better at guiding you through some tasks we need to be completed. Right now I'm taking odd jobs and replacing some old models. We have several small tasks in the art tasking thread, but it seems like you would like to showcase your creativity. 

The idea was put forth that the Macedonians could use a workshop, from which siege weapons could be trained. If you walk us through your working process from sketch to finish we could help you with what you need to know.

be warned, the team and community can be a bit hard to understand sometimes, and some opinions may make you feel frustrated.

if you want to start off on the smaller tasks, that's fine too. We'll be looking forward to seeing what you're capable of. :)

cheers

• Like 5

If you go up to the development tab you'll find the art asset repository. Find the Greek structural and prop texture files, download and use those for UV mapping. Using the same textures throughout an architectural set helps keep it coherent. An animated worker would be nice too. 

You seem to be getting caught up on details early, though everyone has a different way of working I know.  Make sure your architecture is realized and ordered correctly as you move into finish. 

Also be sure to keep the meshes that use different texture files separate objects. 0 AD can only assign 1 texture file to each mesh in game, but we can make an object use multiple meshes. 

Overall this looks really nice so far, that purple awning looks a little too "rich" for a siege workshop, some of the Hellenes textures should have awning textures for you to use. With the textures we have already, you shouldn't need to paint any, especially not for the Greeks, haha.

Can someone on the forums actually grab the Hellenes structural, siege, and prop textures for Ketu?

• Like 2

I'm sorry for not keeping up with you on replying, work has been kicking my butt lol

you're headed in a good direction. One small thing I would ask of you is to make the main building's texture plaster rather than cut stone to fit in better with the rest of the faction architecture.

I'm stretching my lunch break lol, let me know if you have anything specific you want critiqued and I'll get back to you when I get back home. 

Looking good, keep it up!

• Like 2

so in addition I can make animation of dying bear, but I dont use character studio- its too old for me, I use only standard bones or cat bones. If I get mesh, I can make animation with muscles, skin, etc..

hmm and that bear is very low poly so i would make retopo too, animation for attack can be more dangerous so maybe he come on two leg and attack with both hands

Edited by Ketu

My problem is find something, for example i go to gaia folder and here have i 2 different files of one animation, i use max files and they are not synchronised yet with blend files so maybe can it be big problem to synchronise my workflow when i am 3dsmax user,  i will help, but it seems very hard to me. When i make only models , there  is it no problem additional rescale of units and link the props or something dumb. I open now many of max files and there see i it very clearly, one horse need new animation... Or i can animate something  new for beginning to understand yours workflow hmm maybe tornado.

Perhaps we can make animating as secondary objective in that case. We have meshes and very nice rigs, but as blend files unfortunately.

I might start dedicating my time to giving the new humanoid meshes a full set of animations myself, actually.

Those models Enrique made have looked good from a distance for far too long

anyway, off topic a bit lol