Chronicles of cyberpunk [Release]

Chronicles of cyberpunk is adventure in the city of the near future in which power belongs to the big brother and his supercomputer. You have to convince the inhabitants of the city is in danger of artificial intelligence and fight together with the forces of cyborgs.

3dc6a36431fd9d576bb4b1a5510a9fef-768x432.jpg

bfjjgfb-768x432.jpg

e5cf52dda39529158c769b811e02557a-768x431.jpg

fgddfgd-768x432.jpg

gdfgdf-768x432.jpg

hddf-768x432.jpg

hsczz1-1-768x432.jpg

mtnu76-768x432.jpg

nfg-768x432.jpg

nrtr-768x432.jpg

Edited by dimaCyberpunk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 20.10.2016 at 5:06 PM, sirdark29 said:

I saw the  video on youtube, I really like this kind of game... I see that you linked a demo is avaible on linux?

Hi, thanks! This is my first game and now I make it for Windows. I want to make it for the Linux in the future, but I have no experience in it and don't know, what should I do for it.

So I can't promise, but hope it will be avaliable for Linux too =)

• 3 months later...

Now I program the entire game on the acts. In difficult places (where you need to make a cut-scene, animations of people, boss fights, etc.) put the plug in the code, so you can play without them. I'll complete it later. Now I've done 7 acts out of 28.
Total left:
- Program other 21 act
- Complete models of people and animations
- Boss fights
- Put sounds / music
- Make the cut scenes

C2xDkcBXUAE7pEO.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

3.jpg

1-4.jpg

1-5.jpg

Several new screenshots. I decided to find the music on freesound.org. There are cool ambient-tracks with the type of license, allowing me to use them in commercial projects without the author's consent. There are no prices for such people who post them. I added them to the game and now everything is much more atmospheric. I've already run around a hundred times, but now with music, the game feels completely different. And also added audio effects for cars, drones, refrigerators, etc. And finished almost all icons of the characters, 4 more characters left

9 hours ago, elexis said:

Is the source code available to your game, @dimaCyberpunk? Sharing it publicly might make some people interested in helping, perhaps even adding code.

Apparently it uses mono? Then perhaps it could be made compatible to unix too.

Hello! No, it is not available, I make it alone, just because like it =)
I don't have a lot experience in game dev, but I will try to make it available for unix

Edited by dimaCyberpunk
  • Confused 1

Hello and thanks for sharing this with us! You might miss your audience a bit on a historical RTS forum like ours, but we are always happy to hear from game developers.

I'd like to advocate the open-source (or even libre) software cause ;) Especially if you are doing it for fun, sharing your code and giving people read access to the skeleton of your project is going to help you a lot. It will give you motivation and you are likely to get feedback about how to improve things. You will learn a lot.

I'm not deterring people from creating commercial closed-source games, because one needs to live, but if this is a personal hobby, I think giving your work an open-source license would benefit you tremendously in the long run. If you want to know more, don't hesitate to ask! Everyone here is at least remotely a FLOSS enthusiast.

End of the parenthesis :P Welcome!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Itms said:

I'd like to advocate the open-source (or even libre) software cause ;) Especially if you are doing it for fun, sharing your code and giving people read access to the skeleton of your project is going to help you a lot. It will give you motivation and you are likely to get feedback about how to improve things. You will learn a lot.

Hello! Thanks for the proposition, it is interesting. But I make this game alone and I want to prove myself that I can do something cool =)

Edited by dimaCyberpunk
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...