===[COMMITTED]=== Briton Fortress and Walls

LordGood

Well we can't look at it by example, thatch changes color with age, and that settlement looks relatively young.

I don't think having access to thatch is an issue for most of the Britons, the only crops they had access to on the isles were cereals before the Roman invasion (?) I remember that from the farm beautification stuff

16 minutes ago, LordGood said:

Well we can't look at it by example, thatch changes color with age, and that settlement looks relatively young.

I don't think having access to thatch is an issue for most of the Britons, the only crops they had access to on the isles were cereals before the Roman invasion (?) I remember that from the farm beautification stuff

Yeah indeed, I can't find the picture I took in Stonehenge of a reconstructed village. Well the settlements player build are supposed to be relatively new aren't they ? :P

13 minutes ago, LordGood said:

I think I'm going to tuck this texture away for the time being anyhow. 

Hay is always a pain. Side note I greatly improved the quality of the wood spikes by using the palissade texture and pasting it over the current one on the celt struct for one of the civs. 

@LordGood well I have been looking for some time to improve them. I remade the wood texture from scratch using @Wijitmaker tutorials It looked better but still too new ^^

I really need to watch more tutorials for substance designer so we can have proper normals aswell, for now the current one is not good at all.

I know you will come up with something good. Take care if you handpaint it though it gets cartoony fast :P

Here was a terrible attempt at making hay with blender (Couldn't figure out why it was so bad). But it never was good sadly. I was wondering if maybe the problem isn't the color but the pattern.

Spoiler

Thatch Roof Test.png

Current texture seems to have too much constrast8detail/grain but that's not new ^^

Edited by stanislas69

Well that texture is taking about a year to load, Stan, but from what I see your problem is with the uniformity of the straw. Thatchers nail them in in fistfuls called yalms(?) and its a grass so it's likely to be full of kinks and imperfections, particularly as it sits, gets attacked by birds and weather, ect. 

1 minute ago, LordGood said:

Well that texture is taking about a year to load, Stan, but from what I see your problem is with the uniformity of the straw. Thatchers nail them in in fistfuls called yalms(?) and its a grass so it's likely to be full of kinks and imperfections, particularly as it sits, gets attacked by birds and weather, ect. 

My bad was a 4K render X)

I see I don't know if hair in blender can simulate something like this. I found the perfect example on the internet but the website is down... 

Lol can't commit anything right now but I got a good few things lined up for next svn, like that Persian ram, finally fixed that too. Haven't seen Enrique in a while though. 

Itll be nice to let wgoycp sweep by and give us his thoughts. 

I suppose I can work those other Celt structs then lol

It would be intriquing if the game had some texture settings in actor that allowed for texture transitions. For instance, imagine the wheat fields texture transition from green to yellow for the course of 5 minutes. And in this  instance, the texture of the thatch transition from yellowish (new building, new material, is yellow) to the grey-brown (the thatch has aged).

I will say that the less saturate (grey) brown is better than the saturate brown. The original yellow texture meant "new construction" to me. So, it is difficuly to make a hard choice on preference.

Maybe use yellow for Britons and the gray-brown for the Gauls or vice versa. Easy way to differ them.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, av93 said:

I like them, and give a lot of difference.

Cough* have you ever think about doing phase variations of CC?, cough*

(BTW, there's a bug in carth civic center, thaht have been not fixed, I think)

We thought of it, but that's not  a one man army task

The bug is interesting

@LordGood After that they will only be missing  a new storehouse, and a new  temple

Edited by stanislas69