Thracian Civilization

phm

2 minutes ago, phm said:

I've been watching Spartacus on Netflix. It would be cool if Thracians were a civilization. I was browsing through the source and I found a civilization called "Thebans." I don't think I've seen them in-game. What are they?

The Thracians were a civilization that combined Hellenistic influence with Gaul and other European tribes, for the Greek standard they were Barberians.

9 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

The Thracians were a civilization that combined Hellenistic influence with Gaul and other European tribes, for the Greek standard they were Barberians.

Right. So surely having Spartacus (either original king or the slave who led the 3rd Servium War or whatever it was called) as a hero, plus some good ranged units (they were good with spear and sling), it would be cool. No? They existed around the same time, same region.

1 hour ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

With Thracians can be nice use a heavy influenced kingdom by the Greeks 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odrysian_kingdom

with Greek I mean the style of building with Gaulish textures.

Hmm, I would like to see a unique building set. And yes, the Odrysians would work. Their capital was Seuthopolis and was Greek inspire. Though, I think smaller building can look more rural or barbarian. 

7 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Hmm, I would like to see a unique building set. And yes, the Odrysians would work. Their capital was Seuthopolis and was Greek inspire. Though, I think smaller building can look more rural or barbarian. 

Well I mean the concept, they use many rounded building so In this case is otherwise, the age of mythology texture for Greeks in Age 1 can be work fine.

check the roof...

Greek_Temple.JPG

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

10 hours ago, Palaiogos said:

Maybe the developers would include something like trade posts from AOE 3. From those trade posts you could recruit Thraikian units. If I recall correctly the only things that the Thraikians had were bastarnae, and falxmen. Those could be mercenaries.

Can have neutral mercenary camp like this, that player can capture and train mercenary:

mercenary_camps.png

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...