Technologies

14 minutes ago, sphyrth said:

I believe they do. It was a good practice for me as a beginner since I wasn't even that interested with upgrades in ANY phase before.
Lumbering and Farming Techs are important for me in Phase 1.

Better to use the resource to go to Phase 2 since Town Phase isn't very much more expensive than those techs. Also, better to use the resource on more unit too.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

• 5 months later...

Making technologies and economic upgrades more expensive will force the player to play more strategic. Economic upgrades IMO should matter most in phase 3 when its benefits (trickle) maybe be of use but not much felt. I observed in RoN almost all pros don't make mill, granary and smelter until closing on to gunpowder(I know 0AD not like RoN) when more armies start to battle. 

Making towers very expensive would do the same. 

6 hours ago, Servo said:

Making technologies and economic upgrades more expensive will force the player to play more strategic. Economic upgrades IMO should matter most in phase 3 when its benefits (trickle) maybe be of use but not much felt. I observed in RoN almost all pros don't make mill, granary and smelter until closing on to gunpowder(I know 0AD not like RoN) when more armies start to battle. 

Making towers very expensive would do the same. 

Proportional expensive. I create a map were resources are unavailable  you can't fight with others without tactics, the name is battles in the dirt.