Minor problem with Upgrade feature

wowgetoffyourcellphone

Upgrade feature is great (though, can be extended to be better). But there is one minor problem that can be bug or just the feature is not complete yet.

Say, I have 10 wood tower and I can upgrade them to stone tower. The max is 10 towers for every civic center. I built 10 wood towers. Now I can't upgrade a tower to stone because it says I already have 10 towers. :) See, both the base wood and the upgraded stone tower have the same limit. Or, same issue I think, but in a different way. If I have 9 wood tower, I start upgrade 1 of them to stone tower, I cannott upgrade any of the other to stone until it's done, because I think the work in progress upgrade is being counted toward limit(?). haha, just a couple things I notice when working with this good feture.

A workaround soultion I try was remove the limit for the stone tower entity or give its own limit, but then once I upgrade a tower to stone it removes a wooden one from the tally and this way I can make unlimited towers, which is not desired. Any other ideas for workaround?

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

11 hours ago, fatherbushido said:

Can you provide me your templates (they are on github iirc ?).

It depends of what you want. Perhaps you can like putting a limit for wooden towers and another limit for stone tower and taking care of inheritence.

Hello. It is here: https://github.com/JustusAvramenko/delenda_est

You can give the wood tower  and the stone tower their own limiters in the player.js file, but once you upgrade the wood tower to stone tower, it takes a wood tower away from its tally, and this way you can get around the limit by just upgrading towers to stone. Not good behavior. Any ideas?

• 5 months later...