Unit Size, Hotkeys, and Unit Movement

TheAwkwardGuy

Now I'm pretty sure a lot of people already made a topic like this, but I'll still post this anyways.

1)The unit size (mainly the villagers and infantry units) is just too small :(

Not that I care about it too much, but looking back at Age of Empires 2 makes me remember the unit sizes which are like 1.5x the size of the ones used in 0 A.D.

This small difference makes me able to easily press a villager and order it to do something (the fact that villagers move around easily also helps, maybe that would be a nice addition to 0AD as well).

2)No Idle hotkey. I had a game where 20 villagers/soldiers came back from a depleted mine, and I wasn't able to easily select all of them to go to another mine due to some farmers being in the selection box that I would've had to make.

If there was any button I could press to select a random Idle villager (like . for AoE) I would've been able to quickly spam (.) and quickly assign all these villagers to a new job.

3)The units in 0AD do not slow down when there is any slow unit behind them. Cavalry units do not slow down in case an Infantry unit was moving with them in a shared selection box. This disturbs attacking and makes cavalry die too easily because the infantry units can't arrive soon enough.

Welp, I'm sure someone mentioned 3 or 2, not sure about 1. Anyways, seeing a change for 2 is probably really easy since it shouldn't be too hard to assign a hotkey for that.

3 is probably already being worked upon. 1 will probably never happen :(

2)No Idle hotkey. I had a game where 20 villagers/soldiers came back from a depleted mine, and I wasn't able to easily select all of them to go to another mine due to some farmers being in the selection box that I would've had to make

Try the . dot key have a look at the config file for all the hot keys ;)as for number three that is related to the pathfinder which is very much getting attention ATM.

Enjoy the Choice :)

1. Does it not help to zoom in or left mouse-drag to select?

2. It does exist already as Loki said, but I'd like to add that you can also use the Shift-key to add multiple idle units to your selection before doing something with them. (They can be all over the map though, so its usage might be limited.)

3 hours ago, feneur said:

1. Does it not help to zoom in or left mouse-drag to select?

2. It does exist already as Loki said, but I'd like to add that you can also use the Shift-key to add multiple idle units to your selection before doing something with them. (They can be all over the map though, so its usage might be limited.)

1. Not very helpful when the units are super small already. You also have 5 farmers working in 1 field meaning that it's almost impossible to drag select without getting one of them.

2. oh.....Welp, nice to know I guess xD...Maybe you could add a help bar that shows what the hotkey for each button is? (Like the buildings, but for everything else).

2. Err well I guess that shift-clicking would be pretty helpful.

Thanks o3o/

5 hours ago, imperium said:

so as not to fall behind units can do training

What do you mean by that?

And well I could simply command all the cavalry to just stay in one place and I would just wait for the infantry to follow.

8 hours ago, Loki1950 said:

Try the . dot key have a look at the config file for all the hot keys ;)as for number three that is related to the pathfinder which is very much getting attention ATM.

Enjoy the Choice :)

Thanks o3o/