Campaign; Total War Style

ArcaneExodus

For a campaign I suggest you go total war style to make the game more playable. Build a preset map where players have to expand an empire; Optimize with 2 different modes of battle.

#1 Build a base.
#2 Ready to go army and reinforcement squads.

Of course you want to make the campaign different than Rome; Total War. For example you could establish trade routes to boost your economy, and strengthen alliances. Add 3 new factions than divide all different tech trees into groups of 3 default allies. Unlock different tech, and heroes to be used in campaign. Gain up to 300 new troops from each build a base challenge. Use smaller maps, and more squad generic AI to avoid lag during the ready to go army and reinforcements mode. Perhaps introduce a caravan scenario where players compete with limited resources and buildings, and a siege challenge later on. Let players customize your empire a bit. Introduce some campaign only tech; Collect animals, technology, troops, different heroes, all kinds of economic bonuses, relics, and capture the wonders of the ancient world. Release content step by step however you want campaign wise...

Do something completely different when it comes to managing territories, forming alliances, interesting events or scenarios. Personally I think the AI is really hurting on the auto formation, lack of hotkeys (displayed ones at least) the game could use a better interface something antiquity, and more visual appealing. I think you should eliminate all the useless formations, and only make the squad form up if you press a hot key... But I'm not sure what the most optimal AI settings are to reduce lag late game. Some kind of attack move instead of having to halt troops in combat would be nice.

aaaa.jpeg

Edited by ArcaneExodus
  • Like 3

By the way I have some ideas, the team has made it clear that 12 the number of factions is a nice number, so most likely you will not be able to realize other civilizations.
Let's move to the countryside, to 0 is a real-time strategy, there should be shifts but the game should smooth spin, short, smooth, there should be the REGIONS, cities already give a very own territory, you see on the scenario editor.
It must be said that the city would not be all occupied by some civilizations may be gaia.Inoltre there will not be the tribes,
In Spain: Iberians
France: Galli
Great Britain and Ireland: British
in southern Italy: Romans
African coast and Sicily: Carthaginians
Balkan Peninsula: Currency: Athenians, Spartans, Macedonians and Persians
Turkey and the Middle East: Persian
Egypt: Ptolemaic of Egypt
India: Maurya
With the different Mod would be playable: China, Scythians
All other REGIONS as much of Germany Of European Russia of the Scandinavian Peninsula, the rest of northern africa arabia and much of asia would all Gaia.
Still we do not know if it will put even the civilization that lived even after the year 0.
As for the AI: The AI has not yet reached its full development, can not make formations, types of units and certain types of buildings, also a neutral or enemy AI in the game can not form an alliance ...
I hope to be helpful ...

By the way I have some ideas, the team has made it clear that 12 the number of factions is a nice number, so most likely you will not be able to realize other civilizations.
Let's move to the countryside, to 0 is a real-time strategy, there should be shifts but the game should smooth spin, short, smooth, there should be the REGIONS, cities already give a very own territory, you see on the scenario editor.
It must be said that the city would not be all occupied by some civilizations may be gaia.Inoltre there will not be the tribes,
In Spain: Iberians
France: Galli
Great Britain and Ireland: British
in southern Italy: Romans
African coast and Sicily: Carthaginians
Balkan Peninsula: Currency: Athenians, Spartans, Macedonians and Persians
Turkey and the Middle East: Persian
Egypt: Ptolemaic of Egypt
India: Maurya
With the different Mod would be playable: China, Scythians
All other REGIONS as much of Germany Of European Russia of the Scandinavian Peninsula, the rest of northern africa arabia and much of asia would all Gaia.
Still we do not know if it will put even the civilization that lived even after the year 0.
As for the AI: The AI has not yet reached its full development, can not make formations, types of units and certain types of buildings, also a neutral or enemy AI in the game can not form an alliance ...
I hope to be helpful ...
Google Traduttore per il Business:Translator ToolkitTraduttore di siti webStrumento a supporto dell'export

• Like 2

Where do you put Seleucids? They should be in the Levant and Near-East between Macedonia (which is in Asia Minor and Greece) and the Persian empire. They should also have a border with Ptolemaic Egypt in the middle of Judea. I think that, 1st game isn't complete enough to do it, and 2nd you should choose a year for this because there are quite lots of anachronisms and approximations in what you're saying. I still think the idea is good. :victory:

If I use that map, I put the cives in this province (some new* province need created):

Athenians: Attica*

Britons: Britannia

Carthaginians: Africa

Gauls: Celtica

Iberians: Lusitania or Cartageninis

Macedonians: Macedonia

Mauryans: Punjab*

Persians: Persis

Ptolemies: Aegyptus

Romans: Italia

Seleucids: Syria

Sparta: Peloponnesos*

Of course, some of the provinces would look a lot different in 0 A.D.'s map and the names different.

IMHO, I think a better way would be to have many smaller campaign map focused on smaller areas. Like "Syrian Wars" and "Alexander's Anabasis" based on the middle east. Then "Peloponnesian Wars" map based on Greece. "Hannibal's War" base in Italy, Sicily, North Africa. etc. More Opportunities to be more historical and get deeper into these events.

• Like 1

Yes, but it's because Rome did not care of taking Germany because they didn't care of the resources. They judged there was not enough resources to really make war there. Rome have always had a very large numeric superiority (it's true until the late 3rd century AD). Italy was by far the most populated zone of the Mediterranean. So losing 3 legions was not a problem.