===[COMMITTED]=== Pig

Stan`

On 1/23/2019 at 12:06 AM, stanislas69 said:

Let's get this over with. Now if I had an icon... and a few texture variations...

Hey thanks, yes I could help for this; but what exactly is needed ? I already see some variations with different textures, so should I try something with the objectcolor material?

Hmm, animators need to study the walk of animals and not just go by memory or imagination. The feet of animals go a lot closer to the center line than many of the animal animations currently in the game. The pigs in the game, for instance, walk like they are about to poopoo on themselves, with an unnaturally wide stance. ;) hehe 

You can see the hoof falls are very close to the center line from the front. Legs go underneath the animal, not splayed outward like a crocodile. :) 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Hmm, animators need to study the walk of animals and not just go by memory or imagination. The feet of animals go a lot closer to the center line than many of the animal animations currently in the game. The pigs in the game, for instance, walk like they are about to poopoo on themselves, with an unnaturally wide stance. ;) hehe 

You can see the hoof falls are very close to the center line from the front. Legs go underneath the animal, not splayed outward like a crocodile. :) 

They are just using the boar armature and animation :) If @Alexandermb wants to improve it no problèem :)

@Leyto you can add new textures to the existing ones or make new ones for the boar :)

6 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

Sorry i haven't replied, i've been reading the forum just that i cant reply when my internet got slower, neither see any pictures nor download files. I can take a look, does the pig armature have inverse kinematics?

Nope :/ I need to commit the blend files.

EDIT @Alexandermb https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/art_source/trunk/art/meshes and animations/skeletal/animals/pig?rev=22074

1 hour ago, Leyto said:

... you mean I should do textures for the savage boar, or this domestic-cute-adorable pig?

Both :)