Multiplayer + ai?

Largo

Hi. 

I used to play aoe2 and loved it. Now i am looking for somerhing new. By chance i took notice of 0ad because somebody mentioned it in a forum. 

I am really interested in starting to play this game and was wondering whether it is possible to play a skirmish in multiplayer against various computer controlled nations?

Also, is it possible to create a map in an editor and put in units, houses and goods, etc beforehand just as in age of empires 2 ? 

thanks in advance for your gelp and answers. And of course for developing this game :-)

Largo

It is possible to play MP against multiple AIs, but we have some issues with performance, and the more players you make, the more units there will be on the map, and the more lag there will be. 2 players vs 2 AI should probably work though.

And it's also possible to put stuff in beforehand, though it's not guaranteed that the AI will make good use of it, and quite often, it's hard to balance a map like that.

First of all thank you for your response. :-)

This probably sounds like a stupid question to you but I need to ask anyway: is it also possible just to play by myself against AI(s) or does it have to be at least two human players ?

Thanks in advance. 

3 minutes ago, Largo said:

First of all thank you for your response. :-)

This probably sounds like a stupid question to you but I need to ask anyway: is it also possible just to play by myself against AI(s) or does it have to be at least two human players ?

Thanks in advance. 

In single player, yes it's possibly.