Cursor/Text Accuracy and Blackouts

MBoviall

First off, I am running the client on a Dell XPS One desktop all in one pc with Windows Vista. I have been having an issue when I run the game with cursor accuracy, jumbled text, missing options and blackouts. The cursor accuracy isnt really that bad, I just have to move 2-3 cursors under what I normally would to click on/highlight anything. On top of that, all the text for the client is overlapped and jumbled making it impossible to read. I was only able to run the client once I marked to run it for compatibility of Windows XP and Run as Admin. When I try to click into start campaign it will not let me. It wont even highlight the option. It will highlight match and load but not start campaign. And last, if I Alt+Tab out of the game, it blacks out when I return to the client so that I cannot see anything. Just thought these were a few bugs yall would want to know about

It might be that the computer is not able to run the game. Could you please click the option to go to the logs folder in the 0 A.D. sub-menu in the Start menu, then select the files system_info.txt and interestinglog.html and attach them to a reply in this topic? 

• Like 1

On 20/07/2016 at 2:33 AM, MBoviall said:

When I try to click into start campaign it will not let me. It wont even highlight the option. It will highlight match and load but not start campaign.

Campaigns are not implemented yet. It's stated in a tooltip:

campaigns_not_implemented.png

which you may not see due to the overlapping text issue you mentioned.

The overlapping text itself is most likely caused by a broken graphics card driver, so (as Erik already suggested) please share your system info and logs :)

• Like 1