===[TASK]===[SOUND]=== Notification sound for player join

andy5995

I created a ticket for this: #4101

I think it would be helpful to have an audible alert when someone joins a hosted game lobby. I'd feel more free to minimize the window while checking on various other things while I"m waiting for the room to fill up. What other advantages would there be to this feature?

I haven't started writing a patch for it yet, so don't anyone (Lion.Kanzen)work too hard yet hunting for sound clips. ;)

But we'll need one. ;)

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback @sphyrth. And I can't take credit for that sound, it's one that was already in the svn repo (gratefully I won't have to try making another sound).

The warship sound is just being used for a placeholder, though I think it makes a great join 0 A.D. sound.

The final sound will be decided later in this thread, I'd expect.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if there's indication from enough users that this patch would be in high-demand.

If you are interested in this patch, please hit "like" on the first post of this thread, or leave a comment on the trac ticket mentioned in the first post. That will help give us an idea on how we should prioritize this patch and if it will be included in the next release.