===[COMMITTED]===[SOUND]=== Nick notification sound

andy5995

If you want to submit audio files you should provide them in lossless flac or wav format, not ogg, so that they can be stored in the art repository as original format, and then recompressed in lossy ogg (this can be done losslessly more times when having the original uncompressed file).

• Like 2

Ah, thank you fabio.

I can still make copies from the original sources (MuseScore files); I'll re-upload them tomorrow.

I've also been wondering about the format. Stereo or mono for a sound like this? Should I be thinking about audio specs Hz, bps, vbr, etc. at this point?

And how does the review process work? How does the final decision get made?

I assume that's the one that was previously known as chat_alert_04? I haven't been able to download that, not sure why, did you first attach it to a PM or something and then post the link here? If it's attached to the post in this topic I'm confused :P Can everyone else download it?

19 hours ago, feneur said:

I assume that's the one that was previously known as chat_alert_04? I haven't been able to download that, not sure why, did you first attach it to a PM or something and then post the link here? If it's attached to the post in this topic I'm confused :P Can everyone else download it?

_04 used a vibraphone, and the pattern was different.

I'm sorry there was trouble downloading it. I don't know why. @feneur, no, I didn't attach it to a PM, I attached it directly to the post. Hopefully it's a fluke.

Some may have heard this, the nick notification patch was approved and committed to svn earlier today. (See #2898)

Thanks for all the help and feedback, guys. :)

Edited by andy5995

7 hours ago, andy5995 said:

I'm sorry there was trouble downloading it. I don't know why. @feneur, no, I didn't attach it to a PM, I attached it directly to the post. Hopefully it's a fluke.

Ok, then I am at a loss for how to find the cause. I will have to ask Jan to take a look at it.

Good to hear that you were able to get it sorted without me though. :-)

@feneur, it may be a bug. Sounds like one anyway. If some users can download but others can not. If that were true, one thing that could have thrown it off was when I edited the post, deleting the original ogg files that were attached, and attaching the .wavs.

I noticed 2 other odd behaviors too. last night when replying to this post, I couldn't insert a link where I wanted it. It kept appearing in the upper left corner of my reply. When I tried cutting and pasting, I couldn't paste. Eventually I gave up. I'll see if it works now.

ticket #4090

and now it works. The difference? This post doesn't have quoted text, which was included in the post I had problems with last night. But I know people have added links to post with quoted text and that it *should* work.  ??? (indicates confusion) Maybe next I'll try restarting my browser. Though... I still haven't restarted it since typing that post.

The 2nd potential issue is documented on ticket #4090. ;)

@andy5995 Are you absolutely sure that you haven't first attached the chat_alert_04 file to a PM? The forum software seems to think it is attached to a private message with the ID 8122 (to see the ID of a message select it or hover over a link to it and check the URL, for example this is the URL of the message you sent me asking me to review this file: https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/messenger/8123/ ). You might have attached it to a private message first, and then attached it again here? If so the forum software might have thought it would be better to link to the file rather than to reupload it again. Which would be a bug indeed, but it would be good to know what's going on exactly so we can report it properly :)