Empires Apart. ==Freemium==

• 3 weeks later...

I do agree with you DalekDan, it probably deserves a bit more credit, but this model leave a base taste in the mouth every time i think of it, there are far better F2P rts out there though, which is what makes it even more upsetting, not really sure if i can mention them here? I will though 0 A.D and the Project Celeste restoration of Age of Empires Online, atleast you get every civ in those? but you know, 8 bit armies has the same approach to their model as this game now does, and that was fun while it lasted for 2-3 months.
I think the bigger issue is that rts just isnt as amazing as it once was for me anyway, but ive easily got 10k combined hours on all my rts games every played, so there is such a thing as too much of one thing.
I definetely think people should give this game a go.
its just not for me

https://steamcommunity.com/app/530630/discussions/0/1697169163397259555/

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 4:53 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

Now the game is €24  € 4 each per civ.

“Freemium” is a joke these days. It is comparable to offering a 5% discount after a 10% price raise.

You guys gotta hand it to 'em, though, the Steamcharts showed a blip of life in the game.

But I kinda enjoyed the hate it has been getting. It's hilarious! Take this one reaction for the change to Free-to-Play for example:

What does it mean for all those who had bought the game? You are not going to lose anything, and you're getting more than the value of your money back. You will be considered a Founder and you'll get immediate access to all the original civilizations plus access to exclusive content in the future.

Really that is your justification to those that paid money for the game, I'm sure they didn't know they were buying a "season pass" as a "Founder" for a FTP. As it is I'm not even buying the game for free.

Edited by sphyrth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly, it looks like a really good game. Kinda like AoEO. It was ruined by all the bugs and unfinished stuff. It should have been released f2p initially. Would make people more tolerant.

I'd honestly say that it's a pretty good game.  To call it a mere Age of Empires clone is a disservice.  It features diverse civilisations to make for engaging match-ups.  The primary issue that I think has caused the backlash that has been in the community is because of misplaced advertising.  They called it a spiritual successor of Age of Empires when in fact it was a multiplayer focussed game with only barebones features for singleplayer.  Had they actually been transparent about the evident lack of singleplayer features from the very beginning, potentially stating that they would include those in subsequent updates, I think that the reception would have been less mixed.  There is also the issue of bugs, but given the amount of major developers that release games in similar states, it seems fair to note that this oversight, while not excusable, is understandable within the context of modern publishing standards.

Their devs (or whoever is really running the business model) need to stop. It's one thing that they've released a dead game, but it's another to make their cash-grabbing mentality more and more blatant.

I mean Lootcrates... really. Even a privileged "Founder" can't benefit from it. He says so in the comments.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/530630/announcements/detail/1709573630097509492

• Like 1

Well, IMHO I don't care about cosmetic skins being part of a cash grabbing system. The problem is with F2P games that you can buy an advantage over others players. 

Developing an RTS it's very difficult, because pathfinding, AI and others... so if this skins makes the game being more polished and bug free, it will be nice. Remember also that is an Indie project: that doesn't justify nothing, but they doesn't have an huge budget.

• Like 1