Empires Apart. ==Freemium==

5 hours ago, Servo said:

Though the environment is not much real but the game mechanics seems real. Will follow this one too. Mounted units dismount! Nice.

But isn't exactly realistic and not for all units. The enviroment (may be) resources depletes before our game. I'm talking a user say comparing both games, but he wast totally accurate, because he say observer less difference between our game than other if you compared both with AOK. Thing I saw is proportional inverse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.mexica.net/mexica.php

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/33q4ye/what_exactly_is_the_difference_between_nahua/

ok I founded 

This can actually get kind of complicated.

Nahua is a broad term for speakers of the language Nahuatl. Nahuatl itself is part of the Uto-Aztecan language group, which stretches from the US Southwest down into Central America. The "Uto" northern group and the "Aztecan" southern group roughly diverging in Northwest Mexico. Nahuatl is by far the most common of the Aztecan languages, and was the lingua franca of Mesoamerica at the time of contact with Europeans. There are still millions of native Nahuatl speakers in Mexico today. 

Mexica refers to a specific group of Nahua. Increasing desertification and aridification of northern Mexico around 1000 CE increasingly led semi-settled Nahua groups in that area (Chichimeca) to move into the more fertile and settled areas to the south, particularly the Valley of Mexico. The Mexica were one of these groups. In fact, they were historically the last of the major groups to move into the area, causing some disruption and turmoil both to themselves and to earlier migrants. Eventually though, they would found the sister cities of Tenochtitlan and Tlatelolco. I cover this founding in a past comment as well as in a recent episode of the AskHistorians Podcast. 

Aztec is where it gets tricky, because there are really two definitions of the term. The first and most literal meaning of the word in Nahuatl is "Person from Aztlán." Remember all of those Nahua groups (including the Mexica) moving into the Valley of Mexico? Many of them shared a common origin myth of coming from a fabled land called Aztlán. Scholarship sometimes also uses Aztlán as a stand-in for the geographic origin of Nahuatl. Michael Smith (1984) is a seminal paper of pulling apart the legends from the reality. Beekman and Christensen (2003) is a more recent synthesis of the mythical, historical, and archaeological evidence.

So, "aztec" can literally refer to any of the Nahua groups that share that common origin myth. In the 19th century, however, the term "Aztec" began to be most directly associated with three Nahua groups: the Mexica, Acolhua, and Tepanecs. These three groups formed what is commonly called the Aztec Empire or Aztec Triple Alliance. The Mexica were the most dominant group in this arrangement, so often when people use the term "Aztec" they are specifically referring to them, and even more specifically the Mexica of Tenochtitlan, who conquered their Mexica sister city, Tlatelolco, in 1473 CE.

Let me know if any of that is unclear.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...