AI defense tower behavior

wowgetoffyourcellphone

33 minutes ago, sanderd17 said:

AFAIK, the code prevents actor switching. Can you give a link to the actor you use, and tell between which variants it switches?

I'll make a new thread for this. Original post was abou AIs tower place to the North. :)

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

If you want to report something, adding some details would help (I've not encountered it). I guess it is on svn, but

- which revision did you first see it ?

- is it only when using your mod, or also with vanilla 0ad

- can you upload a commands.txt (for vanilla game) which give the problem ?

You are right. Does not happen in vanilla game. AI maybe confuse about a few things in mod that are different from vanilla:

1. There is only 1 type of defense tower (like in past alpha).

2. Number of defense tower limit increase with each new civic center.

Those are the main difference.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

I've just tried a AI game with 4 AIs using the delenda mod, and do not see the reported problem in tower placement. That's true that the placement is not optimal as you have decreased the min distance between towers to 20m, so the AI has a tendancy to build a lot of nearby towers, but these are (as expected) on its nearest border to enemy territory and not in the top of the map. 

Thanks for the commands.txt. The problem was not from your mod, but because of the the CeaseFire setting you used. There was a problem with petra which would not update correctly its enemies when diplomacy changed. Should be fixed with r18403.

• Like 2