Other pyrogensis based games

@jonbaer, as the engine is still in quite heave development, it's not easy to target it as an external game maker. And thanks to our open development, I think people who would fork it and start their own game, now first help us out a bit.

We also don't document our changes very well yet as it's not feasible to do so. When we hit beta, we should be more stable, and be able to document the changes better so external game developers could build in a more stable base.

I completely understand.  The small bit I was trying to figure out while explaining to someone was that the binaries/data/mods/public was the actual ~game~ itself but I think when they attempted to put together a mod w/ a single civ that there were some GUI elements baked from mod=public that needed to be included so they wanted a reference to another packaged game but I hadn't seen any.  It is correct in saying that the engine (pyro) @ the moment requires it(?).  For example you couldn't just re-distro w/ only han_china civ, etc. correct?

Most of the game is in the public mod indeed. Gui definitions, most of the simulation calculations, all maps and models, ...

So you need a minimal mod to have the game. But the most bare-bones mod is the mod-mod (aka the mod manager). That just contains some GUI styles, a single GUI page, and some minimal needed code. The mod-mod can run without the public mod loaded (but not the other way around, since some of the GUI definitions and scripts are also used for the public mod, and aren't duplicated)