===[COMMITED]=== Ptolemaic Klēroukhia (Military Colony)

Stan`

10 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Well according to the design documents of which I updated the links here in the concepts section : http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/ArtDesignDocument -> http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Civ%3A_
There was no Klēroukhia for Ptolemies only for Seleucids. Since @Enrique created this ticket #2214 he, or @LordGood might know more about it.

But both have... All Helenistic kingdom outside Greece have these colonies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naucratis

• Like 1

Spoiler

ADMINISTRATION

The foundation of the prosperity was the governmental system devised to exploit the country’s economic resources. Directly below the monarch were a handful of powerful officials whose authority extended over the entire land: a chief finance minister, a chief accountant, and a chancery of ministers in charge of records, letters, and decrees. A level below them lay the broadening base of a pyramid of subordinate officials with authority in limited areas, which extended down to the chief administrator of each individual village (kōmarchēs). Between the chief ministers and the village officials stood those such as the nome-steward (oikonomos) and the stratēgoi, whose jurisdiction extended over one of the more than 30 nomes of Egypt, the long-established geographic divisions. In theory this bureaucracy could regulate and control the economic activities of every subject in the land, its smooth operation guaranteed by the multiplicity of officials capable of checking each upon the other. In practice, it is difficult to see a rigid civil-service mentality at work, involving clear demarcation of departments; specific functions might well have been performed by different officials according to local need and the availability of a person competent to take appropriate action.

By the same token, rigid lines of separation between military, civil, legal, and administrative matters are difficult to perceive. The same official might perform duties in one or all of these areas. The military was inevitably integrated into civilian life because its soldiers were also farmers who enjoyed royal grants of land, either as Greek cleruchs (holders of allotments) with higher status and generous grants, or as native Egypt machimoi with small plots. Interlocking judiciary institutions, in the form of Greek and Egyptian courts (chrēmatistai and laokritai), provided the means for Greeks and Egyptians to regulate their legal relationships according to the language in which they conducted their business. The bureaucratic power was heavily weighted in favour of the Greek speakers, the dominant elite. Egyptians were nevertheless able to obtain official posts in the bureaucracy, gradually infiltrating to the highest levels, but in order to do so they had to Hellenize.

https://www.britannica.com/place/ancient-Egypt/Macedonian-and-Ptolemaic-Egypt-332-30-bc

• Like 2

https://www.princeton.edu/~pswpc/pdfs/fischer-bovet/100701.pdf

Proportion of Macedonians: While keeping these biases in mind, one can evaluate the percentage of Macedonian cleruchs among the Greek cleruchs from Bagnall’s tables based on Uebel’s list of cleruchs.22 Bagnall demonstrates that two-thirds of the cleruchs attested in Uebel’s list came from regions that the Ptolemies did not control and thus “are the descendants of those ...

e4ttr6A.png

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

About that...with all the progresses in the game and new buildings that have been made, maybe the greek CCs ought to be "revamped"? At least making the back part (stoa) a ittle more massive? Don't get me wrong, they're really pretty buildings, but not as distinguishable as CC as other CCs in the game...

12 hours ago, sphyrth said:

The model is very pretty... TOO pretty. It arguably looks better than the Greek Civic Centers.

Thanks =D

4 hours ago, Tomcelmare said:

About that...with all the progresses in the game and new buildings that have been made, maybe the greek CCs ought to be "revamped"? At least making the back part (stoa) a ittle more massive? Don't get me wrong, they're really pretty buildings, but not as distinguishable as CC as other CCs in the game...

Well as you may have seen, there are not that many active artists around, Enrique busy with units, Lordgood is producing high quality stuff for seleucids, so it's hard to find someone to do that. Now If you can provide historical references, SOMEBODY, might be able to do one or too buildings.

1 hour ago, Tomcelmare said:

stanislas69, I didn't want to complain...I understand how few, and busy you artists are...I'll try to find some picture for Greek CC if it can help :)

Sorry I didn'nt mean to sound harsh at all ^^

1 hour ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Because isn't a CC , is a mix between CC, and military building.

I think he was talking about greek CCs :)

• Like 1

I have found some screenshots of the online game "grepolis", but nothing that would fit well in 0ad. My idea for the greek CCs would be to elevate the stoa part (back part) a little bit so that it would be higher and more impressive compared to the front part. Then, distinctive little statues could be added (for example: a little Athena for athenians, a little Artemis for Spartans). The general design is very good, I just feel a little more height would make it even better :)