===[COMMITED]=== Ptolemaic Klēroukhia (Military Colony)

Stan`

Hmmm,not exactly like that ,the  transparency can be less about 15%.. I try to do something with transparency

the color player must be darker so use less transparency and color black... I will help you.

try to erase the tiles from back, destroy the mosaic.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

3 hours ago, Enrique said:

I honestly don't think Ptolemaic colors are oversaturated. Check that last image Stan posted. Everything is the same color tone except the brown pillars and the roof+white sides.

That's Seleucid Texture X) Pillars are Ptolemaic though.

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Palaxin said:

Now the red color of the shields is much brighter than the one in the mosaic - is this intended? Anyway, looks really nice :)

With the mosaic the transparency have a high porcentaje of black, if is required I can adjust , I have the "virgin file" and the vectorial version, even I upload to my Deviant Art page.

@Lion.Kanzen I suggest to also add some black to the transparent parts of the shields such that that they fit to the mosaic. Or make the mosaic a bit lighter and the shields only a littler darker. Anyway, there should be only one shade of red IMO. I'm no artist though...

Edited by Palaxin

20 minutes ago, Palaxin said:

@Lion.Kanzen I suggest to also add some black to the transparent parts of the shields such that that they fit to the mosaic. Or make the mosaic a bit lighter and the shields only a littler darker. Anyway, there should be only one shade of red IMO. I'm no artist though...

It is difficult to tell without a in-game screenshot. 

I wonder why that inner building is made out of white stone. I agree that settlers would probably copy their own architectural style, but I doubt they'll ship over white stone from Greece to build it.

What does it give when the columns are textured with ptolemaic colors?

I'd hate to sleep on a tent pitched on a stone floor. haha

I hate to say it but I feel the need to,his feels really disjointed, the stoa and obelisks don't match the ptolemaic texture and overall there's no marrying of the styles enough to keep the two styles from separating like oil and water. With such bright distinction its difficult to do in this case.

I like the front, the entryway and flanking towers are great, though the egyptian walls around the back get a bit architecturally bland. Same thing with the floor, perhaps it doesn't all need to be tiled? Thick stone walls enclosing tents is a little off to me too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LordGood said:

I'd hate to sleep on a tent pitched on a stone floor. haha

I hate to say it but I feel the need to,his feels really disjointed, the stoa and obelisks don't match the ptolemaic texture and overall there's no marrying of the styles enough to keep the two styles from separating like oil and water. With such bright distinction its difficult to do in this case.

Did you like any of the previous iterations ?

I agree with the tent, I guess it made sense when I had a ground floor.

How would you have done it, Since I need to keep a greek architecture with the ptol one, which are supposed to contrast a lot. Else I could just try to make it the ptol way with a greek roof ?

The first iteration was my favorite to be honest, the biggest problem for me is that this feels like two separate structures, and they don't visually engage at all angles. It'll take some creative thinking to get these things to work together. Altering the texture pack per building throws off the entire building set, so if we can avoid doing that that would be for the best. I'll see if I can sketch something to illustrate my point

• Like 1

The one on the left is how I would have gone about merging the two styles. Sometimes its useful to use the fly-through function in blender to drop yourself into your building and see at a ground level what's an architectural oddity, and what's missing. ie-

"colonist walks up to impressive, and defensible colony stoa and wonders where he's going to be sleeping tonight." - add ambiguous buildings, building extensions, or tents-

"where will I train?" -training grounds, targets, dummies

ect

and since the colony is a mini civic center, perhaps bring some civic center elements into it, like only two flagpoles or just one obelisk to make it aesthetically "less but same"

anyhow, I hope this helps!

colony_edit.jpg

stan_edit.jpg

• Like 1