===[COMMITED]=== Ptolemaic Klēroukhia (Military Colony)

Stan`

57 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

I love the concept... But try to match the textures between Egyptian and Hellenistic, ( may be like Lordgood do it with Seleucids)

It's quite hard to do that since texture don't match much, I mixed Seleucid Greek and Ptol textures to reduce the contrast difference. But since it's supposed to be a Greek building surrounded by Ptol walls it's a bit tricky

1 hour ago, Enrique said:

Hey nice work. Looking good.

I would prefer more military centered stuff inside the walls instead of decoration stuff. Maybe some tents (IIRC there are some greek tents assets)

Also some more shields, weapons racks and the like. The concept is good. :)

Yeah would probably be better if only military

I was trying to follow Michael's comment on the ticket:

Greek main building, surrounded by an "Egyptian"-style wall. With a garden inside it, to emphasize that this was a settlement, not just a "barracks."

EDIT : Militarized version

• Removed Trees
  • Added Doors
  • Added Greek Tent
  • Kept the fountain as you want to have water when you are in the desert.

Ptol_-_Military_Colony3.png

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 2

Can you switch places of the tent and military props? With the tent at the other side, it will be showing at the camera better as it is the default rotation angle the building will have.

Not a fan of the fountain myself.

The decal does not help the props to be distinguished.

Yes is like a barrack  plus CC.

i liked, but is some contrasty... With @wowgetoffyourcellphone And @Thorfinn the Shallow Minded

Be complainted about all exaggerated yellowish color in textures, thing that was fixed for Seleucids.

for me the white and that yellow are very strong contrast, but I love your desing.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

How I envisoned a military colony to be would be that the colonists are trying to plant their own culture in a hostile foreign land. So there would be a mix of their own architexture and the local architecture/building materials. I think this is heading in right direction. I didn't hate the fountain though. And the trees were not bad. The original image give the impression of a civic society that has to ensconce behind walls, which is the feel I can imagine.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

i liked, but is some contrasty... With @wowgetoffyourcellphone And @Thorfinn the Shallow Minded

Be complainted about all exaggerated yellowish color in textures, thing that was fixed for Seleucids.

for me the white and that yellow are very strong contrast, but I love your desing.

I guess that's up to @Enrique and @LordGood to edit that texture or not. The only upside I see with it being yellow is that it gives an egyptian feeling.

Ptol_-_Military_Colony6.png

Fountain version for @wowgetoffyourcellphone

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, av93 said:

Can we have some ingame screenshots (to compare with another buildings) ? If it isn't a lot of work.

Sure as soon as there's only minor tweaks remaining, there are a lot of props in that model ^^