Buildings portrait process and little theory

4 hours ago, LordGood said:

Aaah I think the asymmetry and weird perspective give it a nice classical feeling. I suppose it does act up a bit when the eaves intersect the arrows behind. 

Is possibly too the original tower haven't symmetry, if you look the windows are in perspective.

SLxdWFz.png

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

The wood breaks it up too much. I'd stick with the all stucco one. 

Also, if you're looking to differentiate more, I'm pretty sure most of the sentry towers that have Windows only have 2 on each side. The Greek one does, which you're modeling this off of yes? It also doesn't have a roofed doorway but rather one sunken in.

lol @ iPhone capitalizing Windows 

• Like 1

• From IRC:

< LordGood> it works, though my previous concerns with the top of the tower getting lost in the background still apply

I agree, the wooden part is not easily enough distinguished from the background.

• Also noticed that the rooftop is behind the wooden part (Z order issue)
  • At the border of the top of the arrow there are some white / light gray pixels. I suggest you zoom in closely and just paint over those individual pixels. It usually  indicates some wrong editing when there is a border of pixels remaining that were previously blended with a lighter background.
  • The black line at the top of the arrow looks a bit distracting.

sentry_tower.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...