Technologies for Delenda Est

@Lion.Kanzen: When creating the glow in your icons, could you try to mimmick the style of the other icons more? (f.e. by following the tutorial I posted somewhere around the forum.) Since right now you're, seemingly, using just one layer of glow and sometimes that looks really flat. Also the the shape of the glow is sometimes off (doesn't fit with the object)

That irrigations icons looks pretty! But maybe it's a bit bright? Edit: oh, right. Didn't read wow's comment :D

• Like 1

• fatherbushido changed the title to Technologies for Delenda Est fr
  • 7 months later...

Just synced a big update to technologie. Updated most attack tech values from add to multiply -- percentage -- to become consistent with core game.

Basically, anything that was +1 attack before is now +10% attack. +2 attack or greater converted to +20%. Most health effects changed to percentage as well. Attack effects not changed to percentage are those that add another attack type. e.g., flaming javelins tech adds a crush attack to javelin units, so can't use a percentage of zero. ;)

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

• 3 weeks later...

Working on a Han Chinese blacksmith tech tree. Here is a possibility. By the way, seeking ideas based on history.

Aura

Imperial Armories: Unlock the Imperial Armory aura which reduces the wood and metal costs for soldiers and siege weapons by a fixed amount for each blacksmith built. Limit of 5.

Phase II

Pair 1: Unlike for all other civs, for the Han Chinese this pair is not necessary to unlock all other blacksmith techs. They simply take 2x as long to research.

• Forging: Blacksmith techs -25% cost.
  • Metallurgy: Blacksmith techs -50% research time.

Pair 2-A

• Crossbow Standardization: Crossbow Infantry and Crossbow Cavalry +10% attack and -10% cost.
  • Bamboo Longbows: Archer Units and Ranged Buildings +10% attack and +10% range.

Pair 3-A

• Iron Spearheads: Spear Infantry and Spear Cavalry +20% attack.
  • Ironworking: Sword Infantry and Sword Cavalry +10% attack and -25% metal cost.

Phase III

Pair 3-B

• Unknown - Infantry Based: Need ideas.
  • Unknown - Infantry Based: Need ideas.

Pair 4-A

• Unknown - Cavalry Based: Need ideas.

Pair 5-A

• Unknown - Champion Based: Need ideas.

Phase IV

Single Tech 4-B

Single Tech 5-B

Single Tech 6-A

• Unknown - Hero Based: Need ideas.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So, the tech are for the ethnicy. Specially combat.

one thing I love of this Merc.Camps is train units that no cost food, is important in early-mid.

like hoplites. Can be nice hire mini heroes. A units that can do amazing things. With a random name. Can use range and melee attacks.

and works like champions i ntotal war giving a boost of Xp.

3 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

So, the tech are for the ethnicy. Specially combat.

one thing I love of this Merc.Camps is train units that no cost food, is important in early-mid.

like hoplites. Can be nice hire mini heroes. A units that can do amazing things. With a random name. Can use range and melee attacks.

and works like champions i ntotal war giving a boost of Xp.

Ideally, you'd be hiring mercenary companies, in battalion form, not individual dudes.

23 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Good early-mid because of the 0 food cost, and good late-game because they cost 0 pop. Can train over the pop cap. Also helps early-mid to give a defense without getting housed.

If we never get battalions, I may remove heroes and instead go with commanders/officers, banner carriers, etc. to take the roles of heroes. If I do that, can add mercenary captains as trainable units.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

And the disadvantages with Athenian I can access to archers to engage Kushites and use hoplites  combined with sword cavalry.

Kushites pay their mistake.

------------change theme------

i can do slaves all types even each principal cultures of 0 A.D even Mesoamericans and other natives.

i started with black men with your files. Os then I try to make Asian/Nomad slaves. Mines slaves don't need too much clothes.

and even have Mediterranean punished men and African.( may be used by flagellum).

African can have most resistance to inhuman quarry.

women can do many things depends of ethnicy. Can hunt( nomad) can farm (Mediterranean). Rome needs more slaves and slave market can give a options that Rome haven't.

can do it best than normal villager. Farming don't needs be so hard. But mining is a condemn to death.

-----

this makes thing me ...you are recompiling Alexandermb units and buildings?

can be nice for testing your map that Scythian Steppe.

17 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Good early-mid because of the 0 food cost, and good late-game because they cost 0 pop. Can train over the pop cap. Also helps early-mid to give a defense without getting housed.

If we never get battalions, I may remove heroes and instead go with commanders/officers, banner carriers, etc. to take the roles of heroes. If I do that, can add mercenary captains as trainable units.

you need focus in developing your own ideas , if the numbers of players increases, that is a victory.