Mauryans Elephant Stables (Garrison)

jonbaer

Could not find a previous discussion on this + I don't know if this is a bug or intentional, are War elephants suppose to be able to garrison to a stable?  The docs say so ("Mauryan units can "capture" Gaia elephants in the wild and garrison up to 5 of them inside the Elephant Stables.") but the template_structure_special shows <List datatype="tokens">Support Infantry Cavalry</List> ... 

While playing a game I wanted to hide these units as they are (probably) one of the most effective siege vs. buildings + a nice surprise when racked up.

Should "Elephant" be part of the class token list?

- For the first part, herding is not implemented.

- For the second part, indeed, only the support elephant (as Support) and the archer ones (as Cavalry) are in the garrison list of the elephant stables. It's kinda logical to add the Champion elephant to that list.

EDIT : the archer ones are not garrisonable too as they have not anymore Cavalry class.

Edited by fatherbushido
  • Like 1

Yes I also noticed the archers could not garrison.  Is this something worth putting up a Trac for and submitting a patch? (or is this something more of a user preference, I could not tell from your response).  There was also a small situation that game up in a game where I could somewhat unfairly garrison a Worker elephant onto a fishing boat (this has been my goto Civ so far).

@jonbaer:

for the first part: i've transmitted that on irc, it's indeed more of an user preference, but i guess it's mostly shared by all ;-)

for the second part: yes as Support,  it is garrisonable in the fishing boat. Previously it was garrisonable in house too, and the fishing boat seems smaller than the house. I don't know in what it should or shouldn't be garrisonable (adding !Elephant everywhere is a bit weird). It's even garrisonable in defense tower or outpost. We can have some similar strange situation for traders i guess (trader garrisonable in outpost).

Edited by fatherbushido