Atlas editor - reloading XML actor files

I am not sure that applies to the Actor files, I read on the engine documentation: "The Atlas GUI is also scriptable. It is implemented in binaries/data/tools/atlas/scripts. Atlas also supports ''hotloading'' GUI scripts, so it is possible to edit a script and immediately see its effect in a running Atlas window. The goal is to eventually support hotloading for the game GUI and possibly even game logic scripts in 0 A.D."

While I can't see a "scripts" directory it looks like a TemplateLoader (C++) isn't really called anywhere, which I am assuming would reload an entity.

What I mean by this is say for example I removed this, <prop actor="props/units/heads/spart_agis.xml" attachpoint="helmet"/>, to see that change in Atlas w/o having to restart.

Hmmm, there is this bit here (in which case I changed flushcache to true instead of false (as it is hardcoded in Atlas), but did not seem to have any effect) - thought it would have caused the template to be read again + re rendered ...

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/source/tools/atlas/GameInterface/Messages.h#L391

MESSAGE(SetActorViewer,
        ((std::wstring, id))
        ((std::wstring, animation))
        ((int, playerID))
        ((float, speed))
        ((bool, flushcache)) // true => unload all actor files before starting the preview (because we don't have proper hotloading yet)
        );

Edited by jonbaer