Civ Bonus/Penalty: Auras or Techs?

Hi guy. So, for civ bonuses and penalties. What would be best for performance of game? To use player aura or auto-research tech? Are they initiated by the match differently? Does the game treat them different or not at all? Same performance or is one less efficient than the other? Thank you. Performance is important to me.

Here is example. In my mod I would like to give the Celt units -1 hack armor, but +10% movement rates. Would be best to use a player aura or to use auto-research tech?

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2

Performance shouldn't differ a lot, but if there's a difference, technologies should be faster. That is because auras are not permanent (can disappear again), so the cache format for techs is more simple.

Team bonuses need auras though, as alliances can change throughout the game, so they must be undoable.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SeleucidKing said:

Do we have a list of all of the bonuses?

This is list of effect. I do not know if it is complete.

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/TechModifications

@sanderd17: Is the list the same for techs and auras?

If you ask about civ bonuses, I don;t think there is 1 list of those, instead they are in civ profile pages.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1