Diplomacy screen

On the diplomacy screen it would be nice to see your allies resource counts and population, is this a topic which has come up before or something in the works?  I could not locate any material about it, it would seem that the underpinnings of getting the data is already there(?) ... 

I think Diplo screen need complete redesigning to be the honest. And I like your suggestion.

1. Should not see civs of each player until they have been scouted.

2. Maybe see info about your allies after you have research Cartography (expanding on jonbaier's idea).

3. Tribute needs complete overhaul, the way the buttons work, everything, (and would be nice to have tribute penalty at first that can be remove with tech, like in AOE franchise).

4. Overall the window  is too small for new stuff/updated overhaul.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2

I was able to push the popCount/popLimit and resourcesCount in for my allies on the Diplomacy window, but I realize what the real problem here is, on calling GetSimState() or pulling up the diplomacy window you don't want the game (state) to pause and this does not reflect realtime stats, so since I have no dug deeper into what that is about it might be a harder thing to do than I expected.

Screen Shot 2016-05-03 at 11.38.42 PM.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Needs more than that, have advanced diplomacy stuff.

I agree, just don't know what else there is (yet), I was able to wrap it in setTimeout(updateDiplomacyStats, 100); so I can see ally stats in realtime now.  I think it would be great to figure out a way to get elements of Charts package (https://github.com/0ADMods/summary-charts) into Diplomacy for basic monitoring.  I am just playing around but what I wanted to do eventually was to have AI swap out A/N/E on it's own.

• Like 2

Please don't use 1-letter abbreviations. The "A-N-E" is already hard enough to translate (in Dutch, it even translates to "V-N-V", which isn't clear at all). For resources, you have the luck we have icons available for it.

Also, you talk about pausing. Almost all dialogs pause the game in single-player mode, but they don't pause the game in multiplayer. And I don't think that showing somewhat outdated stats is an issue for the screen.

• Like 2

I don't think it belongs on the diplomacy screen, we risk crowding it with unneeded information. As Lion says, it would be more useful to have advanced diplomacy actions there, if we have the space. There is a lot of information that could influence diplomatic decisions including tributing, but that doesn't mean they need to be visible there all the time.

I agree this shouldn't be displayed in the diplomacy screen, and that what Imarok said :D

Hidden civs is definitely a gamemode that's missing IMO, especially for 1v1s where you want to surprise your enemy with a civ. (Who will write the ticket?)