===[COMMITED]=== New Inn for the Gauls

Stan`

Some time ago I stumbled against the old model of the tavern for the gauls last updated by Enrique and something was bugging me. I decided to make something that looks more like a tavern IMHO. What do you guys think ? I uploaded a render using the same settings for the old one. For some reason the dds transparency was messed up so I had to tweak it somewhat to make it show player color.

Gaul_Inn_-_Render4.pngGaul_Tavern_-_Render1.png

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 9

I like it. Good work Stan!

If it's possible, I'd add it more contrast on the walls. By using the white wall texture and/or adding more wood (taverns and wood are associated on my mind xD)

The other thing I'd like you to touch a bit is the roofing. The mapping in some areas are visibly stretched and it extends so far out of the walls that the shield you used near the roof will be barely visible.

Oh and feel free to fill the table with eyecandy stuff, be as creative as you want :P

It hurts a bit the texel density difference between the roof and the rest of the structure, but I guess I'll have to live with our texture limitations.

Extend the structure under ground level, use the prop anchor in the table and feel free to zip it up and post it here ;)

Prop Points

Prop Name

Prop Type

Prop Point

Texture

celt_tavern_shield1

Drop Prop

shield1

celt_props_new.dds

celt_tavern_shield2

Drop Prop

shield2

celt_props_new.dds

celt_tavern_shield3

Drop Prop

shield3

celt_props_new.dds

celt_tavern_shield4

Standard

root

celt_props_new.dds

celt_tavern_table

Drop Prop

table

Celt_struct

celt_tavern_table_eyecandy

Standard

root of table

celt_props_new.dds

celt_tavern_bucket_food

Drop Prop

bucket_food

Celt_struct

celt_tavern_bucket_water

Drop Prop

bucket_water

Celt_struct

celt_tavern_barrel1

Drop Prop

barrel1

Celt_struct

celt_tavern_barrel2

Drop Prop

barrel2

Celt_struct

Horse

Drop Prop

horse

/\

Curved Smoke (Included in Zip)

Standard

smoke

/\

Projectile (If Applicable)

Standard

projectile

/\

Blendfile + AO attached =)

Gaul_Tavern.zip

• Like 1

Here you go templates actors everything :P

(The first guy who says I'm not nice enough gets punched :P)

You just have to copy paste the public folder. Don't forget to delete the remaining tavern actors, and, If you can, edit the celt struct so that the cardigan cloth is player color. (Don't have any DDS editor that doesn't screw up everything)

Gaul_Tavern.zip

No advanced graphics tho.

screenshot0002.png

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 6

I tried to imagine what the latte tavern that was discovered some time ago could look like hence the curved smoke. I remember reading than chairs weren't common pratice so I went for benches. Add that it wasn't originally planned to add a table but without it it lozt the tavern fil. I then added plates mugs and beef horns :)

• Like 1

@wowgetoffyourcellphone In my opinion, is too simple structure, but don't be delete from my game or from the project, and this is even from the art contributions , specially 3D objects.

need just adding props, or be part and another structure as prop, but never get deleted, we don't know how can be useful for another user or modder. Enrique have right in that case.

6 minutes ago, niektb said:

Exactly, the old Gaul market is now used (with a re-texture) as the Norse market. I wouldn't have known that it existed if it was deleted from the game

Yes, if some art can be deleted from main game can be nice, found in another repo or have previous advice of that descision.

in Aristeia ( for example) many textures can be useful to rework. I used as based to start modding.