My idea

Hello people, I was thinking on one of many ideas that I have for all of us that we play 0 a.d and I thought that she was very much focused in the play, as soon as the play is fitted in a great picture of the ancient history. First would I like to know what you think of adding new civilizations and maps, each one connected with his origin, they understand, something like the Aztecs, maias, INCAS, they understand? I thought that it was a very good idea for all of us

leave your comments and constructive feedback

Edited by لإ Shajarat Waradi لإ
ortographic error's

Aztecs and Incas weren't around until hundreds of years after 1000 A. D.  Mayans were around in 0 A. D., but they wouldn't have encountered any of the other civilizations in the game 0 A. D., so I don't think it would work thematically.  Plus, the Mayans that were around in 0 A. D. only had stone age technology so they would have been no match for European troops of the time.

Our game is very moddable, and if you are able to make the correct artwork, it's quite easy to add a civilisation in a mod, and even play against default civs.

Examples of such mods are:

Note that not all these mods may work on the latest version of the game. As the base game changes, mods need to be updated to stay compatible with the base game. And neither the official team, nor the modders have enough people to keep up with all the requests.

That said, the official game will probably stick to these 12 civs for our first part (a part 2 is planned for the main civs between 1 A.D. and 500 A.D.).

Ok... Mayans are from a long time frame, so the unique Mayan period to fit with the game is pre classic... But still a long time...

Ancient-Mayan-Hierarchy.jpg

the Mayans is one of my favorite culture after all Mediterranian ones.

but is hard to fit to the game, because the technology evolving in precolumbian civs. So they looks more primitive in some ways, but have weapons made by volcanic material ( obsidian) that can handle European Iron. And create several damage, and have knowledge of jungle/deep forest warfare.

The Aztecs are more Medieval equivalent, so they even exist in Roman times. And have similarities with Mayans in warfare.

The problem is lacking of cavalry units... But they have a bunch of ranged very specializated.

unlike the Aztecs and Incas they never was unifiqued, so they are similar to Greek city states.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_warfare

the Incans are very newest culture compared with Mesoamerican, they are from 1400 AD. 

But Incans have an ancestors, but they are other culture, not Incans properly, because Inka means "Lord", so they are a cultured based in Incan dynasty...

The term Inka means "ruler" or "lord" in Quechua and was used to refer to the ruling class or the ruling family in the empire.[6]The Spanish adopted the term (transliterated as Inca in Spanish) as an ethnic term referring to all subjects of the empire rather than simply the ruling class. As such the name Imperio inca ("Inca Empire") referred to the nation that they encountered, and subsequently conquered.