Online Map Editor

Super

An online map editor (as being able to edit the map online) will be very hard to implement. We'd basically have to port our entire game to the browser, which won't happen soon.

But I would like having some "mod repo" available, where mod-makers can just upload their mods, and players can download them from an in-game menu. Perhaps with some voting system and comments etc.

A map can also be packaged as a simple mod, so could also be downloaded from there.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sanderd17 said:

An online map editor (as being able to edit the map online) will be very hard to implement. We'd basically have to port our entire game to the browser, which won't happen soon.

But I would like having some "mod repo" available, where mod-makers can just upload their mods, and players can download them from an in-game menu. Perhaps with some voting system and comments etc.

A map can also be packaged as a simple mod, so could also be downloaded from there.

Like a workshop?

4 hours ago, sanderd17 said:

I think, he means not browser version, but usual lobby match, and players can control units (as usually), terrain/environment too. It's not so hard as a browser port.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

I think, he means not browser version, but usual lobby match, and players can control units (as usually), terrain/environment too. It's not so hard as a browser port.

Yes you're right I'm talking about lobby match!