Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Super

Slavery system

Recommended Posts

My idea is 2 or 3 elite units can arrest one enemy's female and make she become their slave.People can choose to kill or make them become slave,it will take few seconds to arrest and just possible if female's health below 20% that what call "Slavery system"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@super, the main reason this isn't implemented yet is because we don't like the micro management. For every attack, you would need to select if you want to kill our enslave, and after the attack, you have to lead your slaves to safer places to work. That happens while you're very busy with the battle.

If you can find something that requires less micro management, you may be able to convince us to implement it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Some topics talking about slaves:

 

 

If a slave system it's added, my opinion would go to a slave pool, that grows with a % of killed enemies. No temporal life, but more fragile than women.

Then, adding slaves should bring some strategic option and not being useless.  Slaves could be better at working than citizien-soldiers, or being 0 population cost but in a limited number, freeing some population to fight. For example.

Edited by av93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have something like this in a mod:

 

Male Slave (Servus)

3UI7Yjx.png

25 mc1IVBW.png 25 B0UAj5F.png 1 Fo3YSzo.png

  • Trained at Storehouse
  • Gathers only. Good at mining and dying.

Female Slave (Serva)

Mm3vMXV.png

25 mc1IVBW.png 25 B0UAj5F.png 1 Fo3YSzo.png

  • Trained at Farmstead
  • Gathers only. Good at farming, foraging, and dying.

 

Can only train 30 slaves. They slowly die as they live so you must replace them periodical.

There are two tech relating to them. You can only choose one or the other tech.

 

Slave Quarters

RryIFlO.png

600 c74X0Gq.png 400  uJ5pNJt.png

  • Slaves cost 0 population.

Slave Markets

uY24BxE.png

600 mc1IVBW.png 400 B0UAj5F.png

  • Slaves training limit removed.

 

Instead of being trained at the storehouses and farmsteads, it would be neat to train them at Market with a global pool number that can be train. And then as the global limit is being reach the slaves start to cost more (supply and demand). That take quite some code though.

 

Since the Principate Romans have a 100% professional army, the citizen concept is change a bit to this:

 

Roman Citizen (Civis Romanum)

taFd9Oo.png

50 mc1IVBW.png 2 Fo3YSzo.png

  • Trained at Civic Center
  • Builds civic and economic buildings, gathers resources (but not very well). Very good at building.
  • Because of greater health and great aura effect, cost 2 pop.
  • "Slave Ownership" aura: Nearby slaves gather +25% faster. Range: 15 meters.
Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We don't like micro"  huh? - but if we use a mode like he is proposing but like Medieval Total War 2 were a percentage of defeated enemy can be trained  adding  the @wowgetoffyourcellphone  mode about units with limit of life in time and several weak, but boost of intense work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right. Enslaving specific unit is tedious micro (unless it happen automatically, I would still like Female Citizen to convert somehow, maybe when player defeated?). Better to make that part more abstract and make it some kind of pool.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Super said:

Slaves for a limited number,based on town age

Limited by phase town and technologies.

limited of life like @wowgetoffyourcellphone They work hard but they eventually die.

and avaible by captured enemy if reach 0 you paid all valor, so you must kill many to have a plenty lot without reach 0, at last 10% of defeated units will be become.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Super said:

Slaves for a limited number,based on town age

Unfortunate, right now not possible to change build limit base on tech, only remove build limit. This because build limit is determine by the Player.js file, not the entity templates.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

We need propose that I'm not sure if there is a ticket for that. May be @wraitii is interested.

Good!Hope somebody care about this,but however I still don't know how to limit it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Super said:

Good!Hope somebody care about this,but however I still don't know how to limit it

Say a global pool @ 30 slave per player. Slaves get more expensive as limit get near. (start out @ 25 F, 25 M, when pool limit reach, last Slave cost maybe triple).

2 player match, global limit is 60.
3 player match, global limit is 90.
etc.

So you buy them and the limit goes 45/90, 46/90, 47/90, etc. When one dies one more become availabl. Since they are great gatherer, give them lifespan. In my mod the life span is about 8 minutes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Say a global pool @ 30 slave per player. Slaves get more expensive as limit get near. (start out @ 25 F, 25 M, when pool limit reach, last Slave cost maybe triple).

2 player match, global limit is 60.
3 player match, global limit is 90.
etc.

So you buy them and the limit goes 45/90, 46/90, 47/90, etc. When one dies one more become availabl. Since they are great gatherer, give them lifespan. In my mod the life span is about 8 minutes.

I think we should have a building called "slave house" and "slave market".Slave house give you the slave pop but you just can build 5 houses and 10 slave per house when slave market allow you to trade slave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Super said:

I think we should have a building called "slave house" and "slave market".Slave house give you the slave pop but you just can build 5 houses and 10 slave per house when slave market allow you to trade slave

Not necessary, IMHO. Better to keep it simple.

 

Beside, in real life slaves lived in the house of their master (except state-owned slaves of course).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Not necessary, IMHO. Better to keep it simple.

 

Beside, in real life slaves lived in the house of their master (except state-owned slaves of course).

Slaves get more expensive ?I actually talking about arrested and become slave!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Super said:

Slaves get more expensive ?I actually talking about arrested and become slave!

You are talking about too much micro (like WFG team member @sanderd17 said). I to come up with idea to include slaves with less micro that have at least chance of be implemented. 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

You are talking about too much micro (like WFG team member @sanderd17 said). I to come up with idea to include slaves with less micro that have at least chance of be implemented. 

Ok so player just buy slave like female?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Super said:

That ticket don't have any slave's limit

Game will unbalanced if unlimit slave

The features are step by step, don't say slaves, because the concept even exist in the game, but read careful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Koreans in Empires:DMW had a system where killing an enemy civilian automatically trained one of your own from your first town center, which means raiding enemy mining camps and farms would bolster your own economy with these 'captured citizens'. Perhaps this is the kind of simplification we need.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LordGood said:

The Koreans in Empires:DMW had a system where killing an enemy civilian automatically trained one of your own from your first town center, which means raiding enemy mining camps and farms would bolster your own economy with these 'captured citizens'. Perhaps this is the kind of simplification we need.

Sound great!But it will cost more material and don't have population limit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...