The game crash every time.

Hermes

I'm on w7 64bit.

When the game crash, the screen freeze and 5s after, the cursor change to a loading cursor. The screen still freeze until I press Ctrl+Alt+Del in order to kill pyrogenesis.exe directly on the task manager. I don't receive any logs at all.

Edited by Hermes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hermes said:

I'm on w7 64bit.

When the game crash, the screen freeze and 5s after, the cursor change to a loading cursor. The screen still freeze until I press Ctrl+Alt+Del in order to kill pyrogenesis.exe directly on the task manager. I don't receive any logs at all.

Please see http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths for where you can find the logs. If you have to kill the exe you might not get a crashlog, but you should at the very least have a system_info.txt file.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, feneur said:

Please see http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths for where you can find the logs. If you have to kill the exe you might not get a crashlog, but you should at the very least have a system_info.txt file.

Yes, i have this file.

8 hours ago, AtlasMapper said:

@Hermes: Yes after a few tries, I feel that this A20 is more consuming resources than before. Your problem looks a bit like mine. Have a look at this bug too. I experience lags and crashes earlier than in A19. But it is easier to go until the end of a game when playing versus humans.

It can be a memory leak, this would explain the fact that I often don't manage to finish a game.

system_info.txt

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got the same issue! I played it both on Windows 7 x64 and Ubuntu, and it always crashes! I can't even play normally! I'm playing like 10 minutes and that's it! I'm constantly losing ALL my progress. I started to make save games more often, but sometimes doing that also causing the CRASH!

There's a memory leak in your game, obviously. Here's what the crash handler gives me:

Much to our regret we must report the program has encountered an error.

Please let us know at http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ and attach the crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp files.

Details: unhandled exception (Access violation reading 0x00000004)

Call stack:

(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)
errno = 12 (Not enough memory)
OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

I really liked that game, but constant crashes make it unplayable and unenjoyable at all.

I've also got this:

0 A.D. Main log (warnings and errors only)

ERROR: JavaScript error: out of memory

crashlog.dmp

crashlog.txt

crashlog.txt

Edited by Alex626