Trading forget which resource you are selling

pilino1234

Hi all!

I think I've found a bug with the trading setup. When configuring the resource to sell with traders or merchant ships and you choose to sell a different resource than food, it will ignore your change and always go back to selling food.

It's reproducible every time for me. When you click to move the yellow frame onto another resource, it will ignore your change. When you open the window again or check a trader, it will still be trading food for other resources.

This would be good to fix before A20 I think ;)

In the instructions it says that you can select the resource to trade away in return for the percentage amounts of other resources. Currently, I am always trading away food, even if I select another resource and change the percentages for that one to 0%

Example:

I have excess wood that I want to trade away, so I click on wood in the trading window. Then I set the percentages like this: Food 5%, Wood 0%, Stone 40%, Metal 55%. I close the trading window and wait for most traders to finish their current journey. I still find them to be carrying lots of food (more than 5% of traded goods) and never trading wood at all. If I open the trading window, food is selected as the trading resource again.

But you've misunderstood the trade concept in this game : you don't have to exchange resources for trade, it only adds you some resources shown by the resource carried by the trader ! and the percentage gives you the proportion of the resources you want. So in your case, you will never receive wood, and you will receive food in about one travel out of 20.

You can also barter (left part of the market panel) : bartering really exchanges resources (so seems to be what to want), but be aware that the more you barter, the less the rate will be.

Those icons in the market are for selling 100 of selected resource, and buying x desired resource.

The resource traders win is selected from the coins icon, either in the market or the upper panel.

Default is 15% W, 15% F, 35% S, 35% M, or something like that.  You change that as desired.  That is why you see the trader earning x resource on a trip, x other resource in another, according to percentages and distance.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, thanks guys! I think I've got it now :)

But, I think the description (the question mark button on the right) should be changed to make this clearer. I understood it the way I did, because it would make sense to trade away a set resource in return for a set ratio of other resources. The '?' button description makes it seem like this too.

@sarcoma: I understood how those buttons work (the bartering) from the beginning, my problem was with the actual trading mechanism.

Edited by pilino1234