[Fixed]Allow to restore lost wall turrets !

gameboy

My friend fcxSanya and I met the same problem:

Currently it's impossible to rebuild a lost wall turret without destroying/rebuilding adjacent wall segments:

I have enough gold and stone resources to build wall turrets, but could not be established.

BTW:This problem has 10 days, but still has not been resolved, please help me and my friends, thank you.

ecJ1rjU.jpg

Edited by gameboy
  • Like 1

In the game that problem have many years, in don't see what your point here. It's don't be fixed only because you are requesting for be do it. Will be fixed when someone else will work in this.vand it's not the only one, you know.

now if you really want solve this problem, try to find a volunteer to help the team to fix it, that will be great appreciate.

• 2 months later...

Of course that patch doesn't fix the issue. That patch isn't even remotely related to wall placement. It's just a cleanup patch (rewriting some code to newer standards). Why did you think it was related to the wall tower issue?

The wall tower issue is a lot harder to fix (else we would already have fixed it).

This problem should not be difficult to solve, because you only allow the new tower can be connected to the existing wall.           For this patch, I think it is related to the content of this part. In the code, I saw them, but this part of the code written too simple, and no design how to apply the new tower and the existing wall to connect.

BTW:There is also a way, that is to allow the wall to fill the tower.

Edited by gameboy

This is nowhere near related to this patch, as @sanderd17 said that patch is just a cleanup patch from input.js, it does not fix any bug .

Besides that the changes for this problem need to be in wall.js, buildrestrictions.js and probably guiinterface.js. I don't see what input.js has to do with it. (Yes it's a form of input indeed but we can use old functions in that file).

And If I can fix it, maybe I can but it's not on my TODO list or will get on it soon either.

• 1 year later...

Yes, this is quite annoying, although I doubt it can easily be fixed. I vaguely recall this existed in AoM as well (which had a similar wall placement, so it's not really a “classic 0AD issue”), however, I haven't played AoM in years.

If you want to repair your walls, delete the adjacent wall pieces, and create a new wall section from previous wall turret to next wall turret.

• Like 1

This reminds me of a similar issue. Often the build restrictions allow placing a building only at one specific pixel on the terrain and then one has to move the cursor around for ages to find that pixel again. It sounds a lot like being the same issue here (though I don't know if walls being built with the wall-placement code have less restrictions than a single wall piece). The GUI could cache valid locations (until the terrain changed in that affected area) and then snap to possible build locations. Alternatively there would have to be a wall-specific solution.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps this could be an opportunity to implement socket building? Lay an un-attackable wall footprint for no cost, and build the walls piece by piece with workers once you have the resources necessary? It could revert back to footprint on destruction allowing both for the planning and restoration of fortifications. Just a thought

6 hours ago, elexis said:

we should at least make some memes for it

im on it