Quick intro

Hello everyone, just wanted to quickly introduce myself, seems like the polite thing to do :).

I've been using Linux in various forms since around 1994, and always wanted to switch completely to Linux but there was (still is sadly) one game that made it impossible.  That game is called "Empire Earth - the art of Conquest" by Sierra Software.

I've been playing that game since it first came out, (also somewhere in the late nineties if my failing memory serves me correctly), and yes it's an old, some say boring and crappy, and buggy game, but I still enjoy playing it.

I've seen "0AD" listed at the top of the Synaptic software list for many many years, and always simply ignored it because I thought "oh, it's just another text, rogue adventure game", so never bothered to install it.  Well luckily something (can't remember exactly what) prompted me to install it, and I must say I'm completely spellbound :D.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou all you wonderful game developers and anyone else who had anything to do with creating and keeping this masterpiece alive for me to finally find and enjoy.

It's everything I've been looking for, and in some ways even more than I'd even dare ask for (just found that you can switch to being the computer player in order to control it he-he).  I've always said that if I was rich I'd pay a million dollars to the wine devs to get EE working properly, but now that money would go straight to you guys instead.  Sadly I'm not rich, but I will be donating as much as I can (without the wife getting too upset lol) to 0AD.  Love it, please keep up the good work chaps (two thumbs up)

• Like 7