Planned forum upgrade & downtime

implodedok

32 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

If we implement this we will lose all people who disabled JavaScript on their browser. Also Google.

I wouldn't say the forum is usable without JavaScript (technically, it is). But I guess that depends on the person.

1 hour ago, (-_-) said:

I wouldn't say the forum is usable without JavaScript (technically, it is). But I guess that depends on the person.

Sure. It's mostly about that Captcha being google though. People in the open source community will hate anything that's proprietary. And we need to those guys' code :)

• Like 1

The main issue is the forum software we use to add other stuff, we have to specifically ask them to do so :) So each time we have a problem we need to contact Invision. The good thing is they are paid to do the forum software so we don't have to do the maintenance ourselves only to upgrade.

On 11/23/2018 at 10:38 AM, stanislas69 said:

Sure. It's mostly about that Captcha being google though. People in the open source community will hate anything that's proprietary. And we need to those guys' code :)

BTW the forum software itself is not open source either...

• 1 month later...