New Tireres for Seleucids

Phalanx

Would it be possible for one of our amazing modeling peoples to create a model for the Seleucid Tireres that looks like the Seleucid Direres and Penteres? The Tireres right now looks quite out of place in terms of looks in the Seleucid naval roster.

You guys are amazing!

Example. In the quinquereme picture, the Seleucid model is in the top center. In the trireme picture, the Seleucid model is on the far left.

post-20250-0-75320400-1452652357_thumb.j

post-20250-0-47059000-1452652365_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I made the ptolemaic ships and discarded the juggernaut after internal chatting. It could be too big and quite difficult to balance for ships. (quinqueremes are already quite big models to be easily handled in water)

However I do agree that some texture love is needed for the ships and upgrade them to ptolemaic ships level of detail.

6 hours ago, Enrique said:

I made the ptolemaic ships and discarded the juggernaut after internal chatting. It could be too big and quite difficult to balance for ships. (quinqueremes are already quite big models to be easily handled in water)

However I do agree that some texture love is needed for the ships and upgrade them to ptolemaic ships level of detail.

As eyecandy? Some people can missed if isn't in the game.

• 7 months later...

On 31/12/2016 at 3:18 PM, Enrique said:

I have two arguments in favor of making the juggernault model :

1) The game doesn't have a proper naval combat system yet. The short range pathfinder will be rewritten which should have an impact on the current retarded behavior of the ships. There will be a turn radius for ships in the future and maybe even commands to control the ships more accurately. Ships will have charging/ramming commands and perhaps even turrets. The way ships behave when taking a garrison should be redone as well. Also take note that most current maps are probably unadapted for ship use. You should probably not be able to build quiqueremes on a small river for example. For all those reasons, I don't think you should deduce anything from the current naval system of the game, which is very far from the final one.

2) Even if the designers drop the tessarakonteres for being OP, it seems that the single player campaigns are in the line of sight of the project now, and those single player campaigns would, I'm sure, feature a lot of unique units, heroes and eyecandies that are not available in the standard game. If somebody decides to make a ptolemy campaign I'm pretty sure you will be asked to make a tessarakonteres at some point ;)

I'm not saying that the juggernault model is a priority though. Just don't completely flush out your ideas and/or your drafts ;)

Edited by serveurix