Creating a unit? PLZ HELP

Timbabwiani

Hehe, you happen to be a Dutchy? :P You called your simulation folder 'simulatie' instead of 'simulation'.
Also I would rename the mod name in mod.json (to avoid ambigu names), like:

{	"name": "testmod_1",	"version": "0.0.19",	"label": "A testmod_1",	"url": "N/A",	"description": "N/A",	"dependencies": ["0ad=0.0.19"],	"type": "mod"}

testmod_1.zip

• Like 1

Oke i did it!!! but it did it like what wowgetofyourcellphone said!! but iam still curious on how the archer tree (b,a,e) works. i cant seem to get it to work:(

Well haha next question:)

How can i have mutiple mods at the same time. Everytime i select the imperialarcher mod. I can select the gaulaxeman mod in the mod selector. But i wont see the gaulaxeman in the atlas editor:( and vice versa

Cavalry units use two actors, a horse actor and a rider actor

The mount or horse is the main actor while the rider actor is attached as a prop

Ex.

art/actors/units/celts/cavalry_swordsman_a.xml = mount or horse

art/actors/units/celts/cavalry_swordsman_a_r.xml = rider

Do you use the ActorEditor.exe found at 0ad/\binaries\system? It is a very helpful tool, you should try it :)

Yeah, things about promotion are only a "little bit" complicated on the simulation .xml side

As what niek said, you just look for or add the <Promotion> tag

As for the actors you just have to match the visual actor tags (Ex. simulation file infantry_swordsman_b.xml should be matched with actor file rome_infantry_swordsman_b.xml)

I really recommend that you use the ActorEditor.exe found at your game folder 0ad\binaries\system

It is easier to understand and learn modding game objects using it. Here's what the interface looks like, you just double click on the areas to edit it.

post-20008-0-19736500-1452085646.jpg

post-20008-0-19736500-1452085646_thumb.j

Edited by wackyserious

For the capes, you just have to add a new variant below clothing1-4 (Make sure you leave one space in between, just like what you see above)

Step 1: Set ratio and variant 1 name (ex. Cape)

1.) Double click on props

2.) Select attachment point shoulders

3.) Specify prop location

Step 2:Set ratio and variant 2 name (ex. No Cape)

1.) Double click on props

2.) Select attachment point shoulders

3.) Leave prop location empty, do not specify anything

It should look something like this,

post-20008-0-18797600-1452086238_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again! i get stuck again.

This time i wanted for the iberian units some helmet variants.

Can you give a unit in its actor file mutiple variants of helmets?
Cause i tried to put iber_helmet_6 and iber_helmet_10 in one actor..>heads file.

but it seems that the material of both helmetactors bite eachother. Is there away around?

Thanks again! O i created an roman legion standard. an standard for one unit and a standard for cavalry. But i suck at texturing:) so i thought maybe someone wants to screw around abit with it:)  

PS: i was thinking how an hero can be more of an marker on the map. And then not with high stats but more as a sight. what if every hero, or as an sub-actor file for all units, a shieldbearer. But again i need someone that can make some flags and knows how to write dae files.