[Skirmish] Golden Island (2)

scythetwirler

A resource heavy island in the middle of the Mediterranean, accessible either by boat or a narrow strip of land equidistant from both players. Plentiful fish and game.

Of course, I'm no artist, and this probably looks like something that belongs in the sewer, so if anyone wants to spruce this up (or give me suggestions on how to do so), be my guest. :)

golden_Island.png

GoldenIsland.zip

• Like 5

Nice. So the team will be committe these maps? Not all player have access to the forum.

All players have access to the forums if they want ;) But yeah, if they are well received I don't see why not. I doubt he (and now Niektb) worked on it and then would not want it to be added to the game :)

All players have access to the forums if they want ;) But yeah, if they are well received I don't see why not. I doubt he (and now Niektb) worked on it and then would not want it to be added to the game :)

many of some user,don't speak english, how I know this, because I tried to invite some here and may be have fear about try post a topic with google translator or in their own language. But I will continue to try.

Bah, I play the Iberians, so the map isn't exactly the kindest map for me, but I've been trying workaround strategies to get the upper hand in situations like this, so it's a good thing. Good work on the map, both of you, it's really fun (except when they bring an army of quinqueremes)!

many of some user,don't speak english, how I know this, because I tried to invite some here and may be have fear about try post a topic with google translator or in their own language. But I will continue to try.

Encourage them, then. Of course it would be troublesome if people started speaking in their own languages every time in the forum or created a session only for a language X (who'd supervise that?), but if they have a contribution to make, I am quite sure the team will not complain if they can't speak English.

I am totally comfortable doing everything in English, nowadays, but it was not always like that. And most games currently released by major companies like Ubisoft, EA Games and Blizzard Entertainment are including Portuguese translations, but 10 years ago you'd only find games in English. Plus, now there's the Google Translator. I help translate things to Portuguese, now, because I don't want other people to struggle to play a game like I did, not understanding what the objectives of that mission were or what that X ability did, or what the unit Y was good for. So I can say I understand very well their situation, but there will be no progress unless the person makes an effort, like you do, Lion.

Edited by Pedro Falcão
  • Like 1

Tunal You for the words but , is hard, not all problem can be solved myself, is rare but sometime they report error to me, so I redirected to trac or forum. But all time they are suggesting things,mexample include more faction, include Americas civilizations, like Mayan or Olmecs... Or Inca's ancestors. With the map the problem is the description. I haven't problem with that , but they may be.

• 5 weeks later...