Wrong language

Erik, what do you mean with being "translated"? Normally all names should be translated in their own language. So it should never show "German", but always "Deutsch", no matter what your current language settings are.

So the issue of the Scottish Celtic being written in Greek is a very strange one.

@Sokrates, do you notice any other language names that don't appear in their own language?

Erik, what do you mean with being "translated"? Normally all names should be translated in their own language. So it should never show "German", but always "Deutsch", no matter what your current language settings are.

So the issue of the Scottish Celtic being written in Greek is a very strange one.

@Sokrates, do you notice any other language names that don't appear in their own language?

I.e. it is written in Swedish rather than in Scottish. Looking through it again that's the only one in the list, was a bit confused by the Norwegian as that's written the same way in both Swedish and Norwegian.

The name of the UI language is "Scottish Gaelic", not "Scottish Celtic". It shows up in the languages selection menu as "gd", because the ICU version needs updating to get the language name translated into "Gàidhlig".

I have searched my translation files for "Σκωτικά" and "Scottish", and these terms to not appear.

So, we need a screenshot or instructions on how to reproduce this.

I downloaded download.icu-project.org/files/icu4c/56.1/icu4c-56_1-data.zip and checked data/lang/gd.txt. Looks like this:

gd{    Keys{        <snip>    }    Languages{        <snip>        gd{"Gàidhlig"}        <snip>

This is definitely correct. I don't know which ICU version you are using here though - definitely not the current one, because it shows as "gd" in my version of Syllepsis.

Since Sokrates has done "his own translation", I don't know what has happened there. We really do need a screenshot.

Edited by GunChleoc