Part 1:

I downloaded Alpha 19 directly. As soon as I start the game from the shortcut in the Windows start menu, it initiates and takes me directly to the mod selection menu. Is this normal? I thought it should take me to the main game menu.

Part 2:

In the mod selection window, I select the Alpha 19 mod, enable, and then start the mod. Then the main game menu comes up. The game works fine. However, when I go to the scenario editor, it does not start. I have given it over 5 min for the user interface to show up. However, when I open windows task manager pyrogenesis.exe is running in the background. This does not seem normal. Intuitively, I would assume the main game menu starts from the beginning, then I can go straight to the scenario editor. This is not the case. Is this normal? What do I need to change to get Atlas working?

You have to select the public mod and save settings and then click continue, but no it shouldn't prompt you the first time, is that an old shortcut ?

In the mod selection window, I select the Alpha 19 mod, enable, and then start the mod. Then the main game menu comes up. The game works fine. However, when I go to the scenario editor, it does not start. I have given it over 5 min for the user interface to show up. However, when I open windows task manager pyrogenesis.exe is running in the background. This does not seem normal. Intuitively, I would assume the main game menu starts from the beginning, then I can go straight to the scenario editor. This is not the case. Is this normal? What do I need to change to get Atlas working?

I have been encountering this as well, atlas basically fails to launch on a19 could you report it on trac ?