Isometric View Option

1 minute ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Plus there's my user.cfg hacks that people can contend themselves with until such time as a true iso view is an option. :) 

the advantage is you don't need other players have same configuration.

But average player, like youtubers can't experiment this view because aren't forum regular participants.

14 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I wonder if we can make custom configs into mods somehow. I know we can't currently, but perhaps with some changes.

@vladislavbelov @elexis @Stan` ?

other thing is related with the file cfg, is keyboard input, but need more development , building cycle, shortcut last notification(sound).

18 minutes ago, Feldfeld said:

I think it's possible to write into user.cfg using js, that said the way to revert back is still left to the player (either backuping or having regular options in local.cfg and deleting user.cfg ?)

Oops, basically I think it could be another "local.cfg" type file that doesn't overwrite anything. The user's local.cfg would be untouched and would itself be the "backup" if the custom file is turned off with the mod being turned off.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Oops, basically I think it could be another "local.cfg" type file that doesn't overwrite anything. The user's local.cfg would be untouched and would itself be the "backup" if the custom file is turned off with the mod being turned off.

Yeah it would be cleaner to use a new local.cfg file though i don't know if a mod can affect it. One disadvantage is that if user had already some changes in his local.cfg file it would not work with the mod.
Maybe a way to do Isometric View with mod and user.cfg is to have 2 mods that write in user.cfg, one that puts isometric view settings and one that reverts to default.

Edited by Feldfeld
confused user.cfg and local.cfg

1 minute ago, Feldfeld said:

Yeah it would be cleaner to use a new local.cfg file though i don't know how a mod can affect it. One disadvantage is that if user had already some changes in his local.cfg file it would not work with the mod.
Maybe a way to do Isometric View with mod and local.cfg is to have 2 mods that write in local.cfg, one that puts isometric view settings and one that reverts to default.

Well, the cfg in my isometric file mostly just pertains to the items needed to create the quasi-isometric view, so I don't think there would be much conflict there.

3 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Well, the cfg in my isometric file mostly just pertains to the items needed to create the quasi-isometric view, so I don't think there would be much conflict there.

Yeah when i wrote this part i assumed in my head that mods couldn't change local.cfg, i would need devs to confirm what is or not possible xd.

2 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I wonder if we can make custom configs into mods somehow. I know we can't currently, but perhaps with some changes.

When I first saw the fake ISO view I wrote #4638. One can hack such things by replacing default.cfg until the aspired implementation is deployed. (Ideally every mod could introduce custom config options without having to overwrite what exists, so that two mods can be launched simultaneously without breaking.)

• Like 1