Finishing the Seleucid Faction ideas

Phalanx

Could get off your phone give the devs the new cataphract model you made? And can someone piece together a new chariot model? All of the parts are already there.

Devs should jyst merge all my stuff with core game, but I am bias.

They have access to the mod, trust me. if they wanted to use the stuff they could but they don't, so here we are. :)

• Like 2

wfg have many dollars. They can hire a graphic artist to make icon. Sheesh.

the latest updates in SVN , have some new icons, for me we need somebody probably in deviant art, found that artist show the game, and ask if want make some icons, he/ she can have some reputation or fame in internet, for example Ludo38 ( retired)found Lordgood and ask if was interesting in the project, and Voila!

The requirement... May be interested in ancient war or at last medieval war. Or in RTS stuff.

New technologies were added lately so it could be done :) historical backup needed

What was added?

Possibly we could add something about mercenaries that buffs Mercanary Camp units' defense or something.

"Power of the Cities" tech. Slightly reduces cost of Barracks units.

Edited by SeleucidKing

Possibly, as a way of diversifying from the Macedonians, renaming the Hetaroi, Hippeus Epilektoi. Then add a tech that upgrades then to Hippeus Agema and that tech buffs the stats of all cav. Because the fact that the Hetaroi are a regular unit for the Seleucids, but a champion for the Macedonians, could be a bit confusing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seleucid_army

If border strength and influence distance can be changed, then "Jewish Compromise" could be a tech. It would increase the border's strength, but decrease the influence distance by a little bit. Historically based off of Antiochus's compromise with the Jewish Macabees, where they can retain their customs and beliefs, if they don't revolt again.

5 posts in 1 hour with nobody else commenting? I could point you to the edit button, but some of those posts were already edited by you so I'm not sure if that would help.

:yes3: Yeah..... I was a bit too lazy to continue editing them and then add words to make it a slightly comprehensible post. So, I just created new ones. And I was on a small researching spree.

On 14.1.2016 at 8:46 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Devs should jyst merge all my stuff with core game, but I am bias.

They have access to the mod, trust me. if they wanted to use the stuff they could but they don't, so here we are. :)

This.

On 14.1.2016 at 9:57 AM, niektb said:

One reason is because your mod also contains some non-free material (icons from AOE series for example)

Are you serious? 0 ad is non profit, so it's hard to sue devs for "stealing data" because they don't get financial advantage out of it. But anyways, 2d artists are not that hard to find, at least ones that do icons and minor 2d stuff.

And even then you could just do ahead and do some 64x64 paint images. Or just use random artworks that are free to use and scale them down for usage.

Edited by DarcReaver

3 hours ago, DarcReaver said:

Are you serious? 0 ad is non profit, so it's hard to sue devs for "stealing data" because they don't get financial advantage out of it. But anyways, 2d artists are not that hard to find, at least ones that do icons and minor 2d stuff.

I'm bloody serious (why wouldn't I be?). Especially in the USA there are a lot of legal issues regarding licenses, so it's best to be on the safe side. So, a blind merge would be no option (besides the fact that there are parts of the mod that shouldn't be merged, IMHO, but that's a different story)

Edited by niektb
  • Like 3

the 0AD game itself is non profit (In the sense cannot be used to gather money) is a mistake. While GPL restricts somehow the selling by forcing sellers to release the source code, art is under CC BY SA that allows selling so that means you would release copyrighted material from Delenda under that license which would be an infringement.

7 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

the 0AD game itself is non profit (In the sense cannot be used to gather money) is a mistake. While GPL restricts somehow the selling by forcing sellers to release the source code, art is under CC BY SA that allows selling so that means you would release copyrighted material from Delenda under that license which would be an infringement.

Using copyrighted content would be illegal anyway, but yeah, material which isn't freely available/relicensed certainly is not compatible with our licenses :)

3 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

This topic have a nature like.... some off-topic, sorry if I'm saying that but if is possible can be splitted. I like the order like you gentlemen 

I think the purpose right now is still to finish the faction. I'm providing ideas for unique tech, and hopefully waiting for dev feedback on the roster.

Not examtly for me, without an art team working as others Years, is impossible. We can redesign the units and give more balance and accuracy, example about this ... The military settlement don't like to me, and Justus and Michael so we suggest something look more CC , the actual 3D building is look like a mercenary camp.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

16 hours ago, niektb said:

I'm bloody serious (why wouldn't I be?). Especially in the USA there are a lot of legal issues regarding licenses, so it's best to be on the safe side. So, a blind merge would be no option (besides the fact that there are parts of the mod that shouldn't be merged, IMHO, but that's a different story)

Of course I am not saying a blind merge is a good thing. I only say that if there are thing in my mod the source game can use, it is very easy to get that content. However, it look like there are no one on the team who bother with these things, hence the reason for my mod to begin with.

It's really not that no one bothers, but nobody in the team is a "faction improver" anymore. So we only work on this when there is a big breaking issue, else it just distracts us from very important programming stuff. But when we have more time we will finish this faction and polish the others, and we will try to pick the good elements in the overhaul/balance/new content mods like Delenda Est, in the topics like this one, etc.

• Like 1