Finishing the Seleucid Faction ideas

Phalanx

38 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

I corrected Justus and add you to the people to support about Mercenary Camps(the art style).

here are the Ticket about the change this

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/2214

This actually look neat. I remember from AOE from in the 1997!

5SID4lE.gif

I think Seleucid can look almost exact like this, and then Ptolemies can have same Greek back part (maybe slightly different skin, or same skin, can use same as large prop), but then Egyptian-style walls and statues in the front instead of columnb (or the back part is the "main" actor and the walls and statues are prop for thre Seleucid and Ptolemies versions).

• Like 1

Hi, 

I´m still quite new here. I only posted few times and it was always posted about Seleukids as I have a long time interest on them. So after quick read of this thread I wrote my view on how the Seleukid army in 0AD should look like, it focus mainly on armies of Antiochos III and Antiochos IV. It has a list of units with a little describtion and reference pictures. Due RL it was written quickly, so I apologize for possible mistakes. 

I hope it will be helpful for your great work.

OAD_-_Seleukids.pdf

• Like 3

It looks nice, but while this games specific rosters arent complete, the attributes and strenghts of thr factions are already balanced and provide a framework for roster and tech creation. The Seleucids are a very good cav faction according to their official design (read the current design document), and unfortunately, your roster isnt quotew strong enough...

8 hours ago, SeleucidKing said:

It looks nice, but while this games specific rosters arent complete, the attributes and strenghts of thr factions are already balanced and provide a framework for roster and tech creation. The Seleucids are a very good cav faction according to their official design (read the current design document), and unfortunately, your roster isnt quotew strong enough...

I think his roster is quite strong with cAValry.

7 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I think his roster is quite strong with cAValry.

For a normal faction, but the Seleucids are supposed to have VERY strong cav roster and fairly strong infantry. This roster (while I do like it more, yay infantry!) seems to be flipped.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

For example the Cataphract unit is very complex, even need its own model.

I think my Seleucid Cataphract in Delenda Est is accurate to history. However, cataphracts in Part 2 Empires Besiege will need more models (either whole new model or extra prop models) for all that armor.

17 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I think my Seleucid Cataphract in Delenda Est is accurate to history. However, cataphracts in Part 2 Empires Besiege will need more models (either whole new model or extra prop models) for all that armor.

Yes I saw, even today, but you remember that model isn't the only one and mostly are like Parthian.

3PgnKvq.png