Model: Tenement or "Insula"

wowgetoffyourcellphone

1 hour ago, stanislas69 said:

Go ahead, though that doesn't mean I'll do anything. 

Okay, I will list some thing, if someone else wantt to crack at it:

1. The doors on bottom floor should be roughly scale to infantry units. Most doors on the bottom floor seem to be scaled too small on your Insulae. In other structures the doors seem to be scaled roughly to the infantry dudes.

2. The insulae are too tall. They are almost taller than the Civic Center. I think the height scale of the Market is good, or maybe a little taller, but right now they dwarf the market. Also, emulating some of the market's details would bring unity to whole set.

3. I like how you try to do the brick arches and other Roman architectural detail to the model, but you are doing it with texture that don't have those details. You were creative with your UV mapping and I applaud you, but it doesn't seem to work. Perhaps a separate new texture for those details (like how the Hellenes got some new separate textures for cool details way back in the days).

4. Try to eliminate the copy and past look to the wall texturing/mapping.

5. Could use a lot more prop, like jars, etc. Maybe clothes lines hanging inside the courtyard. 

6. I changed my mind and wanted these to be square footprint. It would allow the middle courtyard on all 3 variations. These courtyard were nearly ubiquitous. I mentioned the new square footprint in earlier post, but I think you missed it.

7. This is the Colosseum: It's a good attempt, but I think it just needs it's own custom texture.

8. Lastly, some low angle views on the buildings show some missing geometry. I think it's worth a few extra triangle to prevent weird thing from happening during cinematics (missing inside walls) and bad effects in water reflections (like missing ceilings, etc.).

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

1. Makes sense, though that highly depends on the civs, some have smaller door buildings. I believe that's because dudes are around 2 meters high. I guess that's doable.

2. Well, they were tall buildings, they have a lot of stories.

3. Can't help with that, I'm terrible at textures.

4. Okay

5. Sure, I tried not to overload them with stuff

6. Not sure I'll have the time to start over everything

7. See 3.