Unit XP

Phalanx

Oh. *sad face* oh well. I play them almost exclusively, and i cant find anything to change. Except armour on the high ranked units. In Atlas, the top rank Thureos spears and Thracians just have cloth torso armour. At least the Thureos spears would have a linothorax. Oh, if only I could texture.

Edited by SeleucidKing

Oh. *sad face* oh well. I play them almost exclusively, and i cant find anything to change. Except armour on the high ranked units. In Atlas, the top rank Thureos spears and Thracians just have cloth torso armour. At least the Thureos spears would have a linothorax. Oh, if only I could texture.

A thureos spearman with a linothorax would be a Thorakites right? I just had good idea for Tech. Thank you! ;)

PS: Game already have plenty of texture, you can just edit the unit actor to have texture you like. (y)

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

A thureos spearman with a linothorax would be a Thorakites right?

I do beleive so. It would be intersting to see a Thorakites. But im not certain Ptolomies had them, so they would probably keep the thureos spears. P.s., didn't the Seleucids use Hypapist Hoplites? Just a history question, becuase I think they did.

If you find historically accurate depictions of the Thureos Armor I will probably make it. But as Wow said chances are that the armor is already in the game.

@Lion for Mauryans I think only zebu and wonder are missing.

Yes , I know but we can't forget about them Stan.

I think Mauryan wonder is complete tho? But zebu don't move legs yet and trader dude is still greek dude.

Okay. Thorakitai are a Seleucid version of a very heavy thureophoroi swords. Capable of both irregular warfare and phalanx warfare, they were just very heavy thureophoroi. Name literaly translates to cuirassiers. In 0ad, I suggest they would be used to replace the Thracians, but they were also spearmen, and heavy peltasts. Basically a Seleucid heavy multitool.

Edited by SeleucidKing